Free Member
Apr 6, 2014
Preston, Lancs
Funster No
MH
Hymer B534 (1994) - Hetty
Exp
Since 2014
When I first got Hetty I could leave for 2-3 weeks and she would start "on the button" with no problems at all. Since my stepson wired a plug socket in for me it does not seem to hold charge anymore beyond a few days. Could this be connected? I had assumed that the red charger box I can see not only kept the leisure batteries charged (which seem fine) but also kept the main battery topped up when on mains.

Just coincidence, or could a relay or charger have blown somewhere?

Thanks

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Without more details it would be difficult to know.Was it a mains socket or 12volts? I would suggest going to as was and see what results you get.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Without more details it would be difficult to know.Was it a mains socket or 12volts? I would suggest going to as was and see what results you get.
Yes I'll go along with this but also mention that cold weather takes it's toll on battery power, something like 50% is lost @ zero degrees or something like that.
We have lads on here that are very well up on batteries. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
but also kept the main battery topped up when on mains

My Hymer mains charger whilst on EHU only charges the leisure batteries. I believe most Hymers of this age are the same. A solution might be fitting a 'Battery Master'.

OP
OP
Gollom

Gollom

Free Member
Apr 6, 2014
Preston, Lancs
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2014

Was a mains socket

My Hymer mains charger whilst on EHU only charges the leisure batteries. I believe most Hymers of this age are the same. A solution might be fitting a 'Battery Master'.

Hmmmmm. Something like this? https://www.roadpro.co.uk/retail/12...attery-control-products/battery-master-79.htm

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Check breakers and security of connections within the disturbed wiring .check for continuity of wires. No disrespects but how compitant is your stepson?

OP
OP
Gollom

Gollom

Free Member
Apr 6, 2014
Preston, Lancs
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2014
Check breakers and security of connections within the disturbed wiring .check for continuity of wires. No disrespects but how compitant is your stepson?

None taken. Fairly newly qualified but the wiring colours caused a lot of confusion at first as they seemed to be a German specs, so he read up on the standards (someone on here was kind enough to give guidance. Due MOT very shortly so I'll get an auto-electrician to take a look

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010

Not the one I was thinking of. Mine is rated at 4 amps rather than the device sold by Roadpro which is only 2 amps. I bought it on eBay. The following is the link for the device being sold in Italy but occassionaly you see them from a UK supplier.

Broken Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back