RS SPIKE

Free Member
Oct 8, 2014
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
ELDDIS SUNSTYLE 140
Exp
Has anybody used the wi-fi kit that falcon security do ?
We was looking at them yesterday at the MH show at manchester and they seemed ok

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
If I was buying new, I would be looking for 4G capability, rather than just 3G. It only has an external aerial for WiFi & just a dongle for 3G, so 3G reception won't be all that good unless you are in a strong signal area. This will particularly affect steel-bodied panel vans.

Not too bad if you think you will use WiFi most of the time & just want 3G as an occasional back up. The trouble is, the nicer place you have just parked your M/H, the less likely there is to be a strong 3G signal!

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I find a 3G MiFi with external aerial works almost anywhere for me in France and Spain. Using Three feel at home we never need to spend more than about £20 a month. We've never had much success finding free Wi-Fi but that may be just be because of the sort of places we stop at.

Upvote 0
Nov 24, 2008
Anywhere that takes our fancy
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since july 2009 And Still Going Strong
I use something similar for connecting to wifi:
www.solwise.co.uk/wireless-usb-omni9on.html
www.solwise.co.uk/wireless-usb-usbwifirpt-3000.html
Both for around £100

then this for Mobil wifi:
Broken Link Removed

Been using both for the last year, wifi first if available and free then the Aircard if no wifi. The Aircard will accept an external aerial but even when we were in more remote spots in the uk still picked up a strong signal. Good battery life so could take out out in the car and when walking.

I'm sure there's newer models of all the above available now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
The method I use, comprises my Laptop, Tethered to my Motorola 4G on GIFF-GAF (o2). I can also use it for SWMBO`s I-Pad too. I still have 2 "Dongles" from an earlier stage which I can use (still) but need a USB extension lead to get into the "Heki" Skylight for best signal strength.

OR if any (free?) WiFi. I have a USB Twin aerial, Modem (which I used in America) and which pulls in and boost`s extremely well, camp-site WiFi or anyone else's within about 400M!!.

Pete

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back