Free drink offer if you come and join us, calculated risk (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
So turbo sorted (we certainly hope and probably most of you fed up with reading about it do too) we are off to test drive and have a couple of nights away

Picked a site that suits us, near a pub for company, food and a drink, also close to bird watching opportunities and a place we have not yet been to

Anybody nearby is very welcome to come a share our joy at being mobile again, I will buy / provide a drink to all comers, might even stretch to buying dinner, I really am still that happy its sorted :):)

So picked somewhere central for you all to have a go at, we will be at Kilnsea, a CL behind a pub, Sunday and Monday nights

See you there :D

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...2!3m1!1s0x47d6244739406fa7:0xca9d71a5bfa8d172

OK so it may be a bit out on a limb, but the offer still stands (y)

Last edited:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Wish we were closer...... you are still always welcome here as you know.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
So turbo sorted (we certainly hope and probably most of you fed up with reading about it do too) we are off to test drive and have a coupe of nights away

Picked a site that suits us, near a pub for company, food and a drink, also close to bird watching opportunities and a place we have not yet been to

Anybody nearby is very welcome to come a share our joy at being mobile again, I will buy / provide a drink to all comers, might even stretch to buying dinner, I really am still that happy its sorted :):)

So picked somewhere central for you all to have a go at, we will be at Kilnsea, a CL behind a pub, Sunday and Monday nights

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...2!3m1!1s0x47d6244739406fa7:0xca9d71a5bfa8d172

OK so it may be a bit out on a limb, but the offer still stands (y)
keep an eye out for red deer david, i used to drop the anchor there ,close to the life boat station ,believe it or not there are red deer in the scrubland , the old buildings were put up during WW2 as a decoy to stop the gerrys bombing grimsby(y)

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Sadly a 5-6 hour drive, so will have to pass.

Thanks anyway AND good look being mobile again.

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Oh Bugger, would have joined you but Ferry is booked for Sunday.

Enjoy.

Martin

I did think of you and your proximity to our destination at the same time when I was writing the post, must say I would rather be joining you on board tomorrow, would have happily bought the wine :)

If you get a chance can you see if you can see the revised dog kennel options, still not sure I would like to leave Lola all night, but it does sound like it has massively improved :)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We will have to "spurn" your kind invite I'm afraid. We are enjoying the rain in Devon at the moment. :)

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Oh nice offer, glad you are sorted, can we have a rain check till we are back home?:RollEyes:

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Was just about to take up your kind offer when my people inform me that BOTH my helicopters are in for services at the same time.

Not happy I can assure you...

Thanks for the invitation anyway.

JJ :cool:

One day sir we will meet, coming down through France next month hoping to bump into @yodeli to exchange opinions :), Twin Lakes later in the year? we will bump into you eventually (y)

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
keep an eye out for red deer david, i used to drop the anchor there ,close to the life boat station ,believe it or not there are red deer in the scrubland , the old buildings were put up during WW2 as a decoy to stop the gerrys bombing grimsby(y)

I have just been reading some notes about the area, the CL is run by the official bird watch station for Spurn and they make reference to seeing deer, never dreamt they would be red deer, we will keep an eye out for sure (y)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I have just been reading some notes about the area, the CL is run by the official bird watch station for Spurn and they make reference to seeing deer, never dreamt they would be red deer, we will keep an eye out for sure (y)
Going to fire up the BBQ then? :whistle2:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I did think of you and your proximity to our destination at the same time when I was writing the post, must say I would rather be joining you on board tomorrow, would have happily bought the wine :)

If you get a chance can you see if you can see the revised dog kennel options, still not sure I would like to leave Lola all night, but it does sound like it has massively improved :)

David, very good of you to think of us, and yes the birding is good that's where we saw the Great Snipe___________just before the cat got it, and red deer and and and, some great photo opportunities.

Will try to check out the kennels.

Martin

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
@DavidG58
Are you nearly there yet?;)
Am interested to hear what you think of the place please
& hope you got there all fine & dandy(y)

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Would have loved to have joined you David and Bev, but we are off on our hollibobs on Wednesday - hopefully catch up sometime this year in a field somewhere......... hope everything goes ok with the van and that you have a lovely time on your test drive.(y)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Good to hear your mobile again. Lets hope your turbo problems are behind you. Pity we aren't in the area until later in the week. Mightve took you up on your offer :) as we are going to Grimsby to visit the AT factory at end of the week.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
So turbo sorted (we certainly hope and probably most of you fed up with reading about it do too) we are off to test drive and have a couple of nights away

Damn, wish I had seen this last night. :( Would have gladly come & had a drink to celebrate the end of that saga. (y) Would have come up this morning & back tomorrow. It's only a bit over an hour & a half from here.

I suppose if I do a couple of hours work tonight & nothing goes wrong in the morning I might still be able to make it for Monday night, then walk it off on Tuesday morning before coming home. Can't go to Spurn without a walk, although I'll have to bring the folding bike if I'm going to make it to the lighthouse! Knees & ankle aren't what they used to be.

Are the pub doing meals on a Monday night in January?

Hope the journey up was a pleasure & that you are now raising a glass in the Crown & Anchor. (y)

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Good to hear your mobile again. Lets hope your turbo problems are behind you. Pity we aren't in the area until later in the week. Mightve took you up on your offer :) as we are going to Grimsby to visit the AT factory at end of the week.
Are you staying over locally? I see another drinks opportunity arising! (y):)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
See you there
NOBODY goes there, with the exception of wind blown Fulmar's, lost whales, and misguided penguins!! :Eeek: Your not really there at all! And there isn't a decent pub within 50 miles!! Your just trying to get everybody to turn up, ask where you are, and be told "FOOLED YOU!" We are in Dorset!!! (y)(y)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
NOBODY goes there............ "FOOLED YOU!" We are in Dorset!!! (y)(y)
No that's us on the sunny south coast. we could head north into the frozen wastelands, but better to head south to more sun

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Would have loved a run out with a bit more notice. Hope the engine behaves itself. (y)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I would have joined you but am at the wrong side of the country. Long way to go for 2 nights :(

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Morning all, we really are here, will post a photo when we get out, saw a lovely sunrise through bedroom window, was tempted to get up then :), not a lot here including hardly any internet connection so photos may be an issue

We did find out last night though that the Crown and Anchor is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays :( luckily though one useful aspect of not using motorhome since summer, we still have plenty of alcoholic reserves :) have found 4 bottles of gin (y) and plenty of beer

Site is really boggy, not nice at all, probably caused by tuggers missing the hard standings, we are on our own so had pick of a bad bunch of pitches when we arrived in near dark, doesn't seem quite as bad in the sun now, but we will look to see if there is another option for tonight

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Morning all, we really are here, will post a photo when we get out, saw a lovely sunrise through bedroom window, was tempted to get up then :), not a lot here including hardly any internet connection so photos may be an issue

We did find out last night though that the Crown and Anchor is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays :( luckily though one useful aspect of not using motorhome since summer, we still have plenty of alcoholic reserves :) have found 4 bottles of gin (y) and plenty of beer

Site is really boggy, not nice at all, probably caused by tuggers missing the hard standings, we are on our own so had pick of a bad bunch of pitches when we arrived in near dark, doesn't seem quite as bad in the sun now, but we will look to see if there is another option for tonight
Glad it all went well have a great holiday! Plenty of G and Ts !!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back