Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Was at weighbridge today, fully laden, and we're close to the limit. A couple of cases of wine could take us over.
I have heard that there is a 5% leeway, which in our case would be an extra 180kg.
Can any funsters confirm this or not, also, what is the story in foreign climes?
There is stuff we probably don't need, but sods law says we will need it if it's left behind.
Cheers,

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
you always need what you dont take,, sods law.
i dont have a weight prob so someone may be able to inform you

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Foreign climes... EASY,,

Get stopped, get weighed.. GET FINED.. on the spot.. :)
Loose the extra weight as well....

Met up with friends down near Barcelona a few years ago, stopped near the border with Irun but on the French side, they were 100kg over.. Fined €90 and had to unload things like books etc and leave them at side of road..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I've got a weight problem too and it's got bugger all to do with our MoHo:giggler:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Was at weighbridge today, fully laden, and we're close to the limit. A couple of cases of wine could take us over.
I have heard that there is a 5% leeway, which in our case would be an extra 180kg.
Can any funsters confirm this or not, also, what is the story in foreign climes?
There is stuff we probably don't need, but sods law says we will need it if it's left behind.
Cheers,
How were your axle weights?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Candapack

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Paul, I meant to add in OP that I wasn't able to get individual axle weights. The weighbridge I went to had a ramp at either end. The guy said that the gradient of the ramps was such that individual axle weights would inevitable be wrong.
I will go to another one when I get the chance.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Do not forget if you are near the limit then WATER is the easiest to get rid of Fresh and greywater then ask for a reweigh. The weighbridges are not that accurate I would have thought the variances were plus/minus at least 100 kilos 50 either way. The language difficulty does not help as a French man would just argue like hell with them and you would just admit defeat and pay.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back