Window Alarms ? What about these (1 Viewer)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I tried a cheaper version (99p shop, 99p a pair) and they do work but you have to set them all individually and remember to turn them off if you want to open the window.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
aldi or lidlknock them out alot cheaper at times . but they arent fantastic .
might wake you up if asleep but so easy to turn off if the window is opened . nobody really cares about the screech they make .
better to fit bars on your openings .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
That is a ridiculous price. Try these at just over a quid each

Broken Link Removed

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
coolla on 365 has those milenco ones yet he got a window broken in and alot of stuff taken only the other day.
secret is small windows and strong locks on your doors .
dogs can help but i was broken into one night in spain with the dog in with us .
it happens .

OP
OP
dippingatoe

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Will get some bars fitted,but might have to wait till I return to uk unless you can recommend anyone in Spain? :)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Those alarms serve only one purpose. That is to wake you up if your window is forced while asleep i the van.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Rubbish, either going off for nothing or forget to go round them all to switch on and they fall off for no reason, don't waste your money(y)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Rubbish, either going off for nothing or forget to go round them all to switch on and they fall off for no reason, don't waste your money(y)

Not my experience with them at all. And if you forget to set them it doesn't make them rubbish, it makes you forgetful. :)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Not my experience with them at all. And if you forget to set them it doesn't make them rubbish, it makes you forgetful. :)
Wasn't commenting on your post , yours just popped up while I was sending mine , but no I didn't have any luck with them , and it really wasn't forgetting to switch them on , just couldn't be arsed.(n)

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
as jim says they should wake you if you re asleep thats all. but far better to put jail bars in the opening .
its possiblewith sietz if you have thick walls to put nice looking bars between the outer and inner frames .
big sensible sliding bolts would be nice .
its a shame the manufacturers dont seem to build in security.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Come on Al.
You may be dragging around what amounts to prisoner transport (minimal high level windows and one door) but someone with a £50,000 eurobox isnt going to fit bars on their pride n joy and make it look like a black maria.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Anyone used them and are they good?

Silly price there. But as a generic cheap product they will do what they say on the tin, window opens, make noise. A bit of piece of mind whilst asleep. Pretty useless if you are not at home, but so are most alarms in the real world.

I have an alarm, it's just a bit better than nothing.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Come on Al.
You may be dragging around what amounts to prisoner transport (minimal high level windows and one door) but someone with a £50,000 eurobox isnt going to fit bars on their pride n joy and make it look like a black maria.
i dont require bars on mine they are small and high . built in deliberately .
did make a mistake with the caravan door lock but cured that now.
my mates ex prison truck doesnt have bars on the windows . just double unbreakable windows .
security is security .have you a better idea . feel free to let others know your choices .
i,m sure we all would love to read them .
i know i was very annoyed when i was broken into . i only knew it happened as the bank was ringiong me as someone had put the wrong pin into a cash machine in valencia. how me , jan ,or the dog didnt hear them i cant say. wish i could . we werent gassed i,m sure . ha ha .
bet you wish you had mine though . only had it 15 yrs now .

Nigel&Debbie

Free Member
Nov 20, 2012
Full Timer
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
since Jan 2013
Their best asset is that they have a visible deterrent at night time ie a flashing LED light on each window. As with all security items, the aim is to make your vehicle less likely to be attacked than your neighbours - to this end they achieve this. If billy burglar has a choice of breaking into two vehicles, one with a visible vehicle alarm LED flashing and LEDs on all the windows against another vehicle with no visible deterrent, he will take the easy option first. No security device is 100% certain to prevent a break in

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back