Any sites with space late February in Andalucia and Almeria? (1 Viewer)

Jenowen

Free Member
Aug 2, 2014
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
Hi, all you helpful folk, we're planning a trip to southern Spain in late February to mid March. Are there any sites which you could recommend as likely to have spaces? We don't have any specific requirements such as entertainment, or proximity to towns or beaches, but would ideally like good walking country (we have a dog). Your help would be much appreciated as we don't like the idea of having to either queue to get on a site or driving round and round searching for vacancies.
Thanks in anticipation. Jennie

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Hi, all you helpful folk, we're planning a trip to southern Spain in late February to mid March. Are there any sites which you could recommend as likely to have spaces? We don't have any specific requirements such as entertainment, or proximity to towns or beaches, but would ideally like good walking country (we have a dog). Your help would be much appreciated as we don't like the idea of having to either queue to get on a site or driving round and round searching for vacancies.
Thanks in anticipation. Jennie

Here at Camping Quinta Bella (Aguilas)
Lots of space, peace & quiet, stunning view with amazing walking and cycling.
Only way it could be better for me would be if it was beach site, tho' seeing the bl**dy aweful way they cram 'em in at the beach side sites in Spain, I'd rather get the car out for a day at the beach and come back to a superb pitch.

Grand comfort pitch
16 amp
water
waste (black & grey)
hook up to site sat dish so I can run my Skybox
All included, 30 day rate of 16 euros a night.
WIFI, rocket ship fast and 50 cents per day

Prolly the best campsite we've stayed on in Spain (for what WE like) and we've used the Nav to visit just about everything coastal (within 20k of the beach) from Valencia to Cabo de Gata.

http://www.quintabella.com/ English owners, Johnathen & Terry VERY friendly and helpful.

Attachments

• P1030874.JPG
    P1030874.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 12
OP
OP
Jenowen

Jenowen

Free Member
Aug 2, 2014
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
Sounds perfect. Thanks for the info.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

g8ysn

Free Member
Jun 5, 2012
ng219ep
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Lots in aguilas we stopped at Bella vista's but plenty are wild campang just as you enter aguilas on right or petrol station on main route we are presentlying on the port at almerimar lots of campers here weather been 18 and sunny hope this helps

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
If a site is full, it's because it is popular if it's half empty it's because it's not.
People come here every year, and use the Camping they like, wether that be free or paid for.
I would be wary of any site down here, that is half empty this time of the year!

:cooler:

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
If a site is full, it's because it is popular if it's half empty it's because it's not.
People come here every year, and use the Camping they like, wether that be free or paid for.
I would be wary of any site down here, that is half empty this time of the year!

:cooler:
i think sites that are full are usually full due to the site's location rather than the quality of the site.As the op is looking for a pitch as a base for walking sites away from the beach and bars will be of equal quality but under less pressure

Geejay

Free Member
Dec 25, 2011
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
What is a good site? We go to lots of sites away from the coast for walking and cycling, and so far they have all been good sites in our book, good facilities (mostly), quiet, no drunks and noisy parties, some had only a few vans on, at one we were the only van. Perfect for us and nothing to be wary of.

Daveg

Free Member
Sep 2, 2012
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
November 2012
Mar Azul at Balerma, just up the road from Almerimar is a very well set up new (2015) site. Only downside is poor wifi, which they will be fixing soon. €15 ACSI rate. Nice beach over the road.

We had a minor earth tremor an hour or so ago, but I don't think it was their fault.

Dave

OP
OP
Jenowen

Jenowen

Free Member
Aug 2, 2014
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
Thanks for this info. This site looks good, I guess it's not too busy this year as it's just joined ACSI. That hopefully means there will still be space in a month, best get in before the crowds discover it!

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
Try the site at Lake Vinuela, perhaps 15 kms in from the coast at Torre del Mar..Perfect for a few days for walking the dog...ACSI NO. 2821

OP
OP
Jenowen

Jenowen

Free Member
Aug 2, 2014
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
Here at Camping Quinta Bella (Aguilas)
Lots of space, peace & quiet, stunning view with amazing walking and cycling.
Only way it could be better for me would be if it was beach site, tho' seeing the bl**dy aweful way they cram 'em in at the beach side sites in Spain, I'd rather get the car out for a day at the beach and come back to a superb pitch.

Grand comfort pitch
16 amp
water
waste (black & grey)
hook up to site sat dish so I can run my Skybox
All included, 30 day rate of 16 euros a night.
WIFI, rocket ship fast and 50 cents per day

Prolly the best campsite we've stayed on in Spain (for what WE like) and we've used the Nav to visit just about everything coastal (within 20k of the beach) from Valencia to Cabo de Gata.

http://www.quintabella.com/ English owners, Johnathen & Terry VERY friendly and helpful.

OP
OP
Jenowen

Jenowen

Free Member
Aug 2, 2014
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
You are absolutely correct, zaskar. La Quinta Bella is a terrific site. We enjoyed five days there last month. Jonathan and his team who are very welcoming are working to create a really lovely place. Perfect in the spring as the trees provide some decorative landscaping, will take a few years to grow summer shade, but at the moment it isn't spoiled by the ubiquitous green sun shade netting.
The site is situated in a gorgeous green valley, lovely for walking and, with some decent local maps, there are interesting areas to explore. Attractive walks are also possible on the wider land owned by site. There are lovely views from the level pitches.
Great recommendation. Thank you so much.

Steve-n-Mags

Free Member
Jul 14, 2015
Jarrow, Tyne and Wear
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Sorry to gate crash your thread but can anyone recommend an Aire or campsite and day parking in Mojacar Playa. We're heading there in the next few days. Cheers

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back