Electrics (1 Viewer)

S

slocko

Deleted User
Our 2.5 year old Suntor 590RS gave us no trouble when it was last used but plugged in cable to charge before going away and immediately blew home electricity. Tried different charging cables, still same thing happened. Re-set in m/home but still tripped. Fridge and cooker still working. Has anyone had this problem, can anyone give any advice please.

SwiftGroup

Free Member
Jan 10, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

I assume when you say it "blew home electricity", you mean it tripped your house RCD?

If so, I would advise the 230V side of the system is checked out by either your dealer or an electrician, as there is clearly a fault of some type.

You could assume that as it trips the house RCD, and not the RCD in the motor home, the fault is between the consumer unit in the motor home and the consumer unit in your house, which included the mains inlet (hook-up) and cable.

I hope that helps.

Ash

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Our 2.5 year old Suntor 590RS gave us no trouble when it was last used but plugged in cable to charge before going away and immediately blew home electricity. Tried different charging cables, still same thing happened. Re-set in m/home but still tripped. Fridge and cooker still working. Has anyone had this problem, can anyone give any advice please.

You're not getting much luck with this one. I've no idea what your van is like but the process is the same for any.

Turn every switch and circuit breaker you can find OFF.

Switch on one at a time 'till it goes pop - there is your problem.

If it pops with everything off blame the rats.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Check the cable, I have had a couple of problems in the past with my van and it has always been the cable. Strip out each end and see if there has been any water ingress.

Rds
Bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back