Invasion Thwarted Fun 1 Trojans 0 (1 Viewer)

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
:thumb:
Thanks for heads up guys and galls Malwarebyte's has sorted out the gremlins
84 of em to be precise:whatthe:
the main culprit appears to have slipped in with a download and that dumped a trojan "best shopping tips ever" which then let all and sundry run riot, been on line an hr since the clean up and no pop ups so far:thumb:
Why did my AGV not see them as threats and sort em, second scan after re boot none found, at least they were all classified as very low risk:Angry:
Geo

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Glad your sorted ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

they are just addclickers as i said what avg are you using ? resident sheild should have picked them up/

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Geo

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Its the freebie of course, and is fully updated and resident sheild on and active:Sad:
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Its the freebie of course, and is fully updated and resident sheild on and active:Sad:
Geo

I stopped using avg only because it was a resource hog and now use antvira can't tell you why it didn't pick it up as long as its up-to-date should be OK.

I always download to the desktop then scan with anti virus before i open any downloads, there does seem to be a lot of these adclickers recently, think my partner got hers from facebook.

If you want to try antvir does seem to pull up suspects and less of a resouce hog and free
Link Removed

regards

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
:thumb:
(snip)
Why did my AGV not see them as threats and sort em,(snip)

For some reason - never had the inclination to find out really why - spyware scanners seem to be less efficient than anti-virus scanners. Some spyware will be picked up by some programs but not others.

That's one reason I was attracted to that Windows mag I posted about last week, several different programs should pick up the lot between them.

Glad you're sorted anyhow.

Graham

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I don't like AVG, it does hog resources and in tests over the last year it has really slipped down the list off effective pc defenders. This last year I have settled on two. Kaspersky which I feel is easily the best AV package at the moment (by miles) backed up with a copy Malwarebytes (free version) This really works well for me, it has defended the Kids PCs well too which shows that it works well as they will click on or download any old rubbish:whatthe:

However I must say, that even the best software like Kaspersky is reactive. So a new virus might sneak past any protection. This is why you should back up a system with a disc imaging system like Acronis, so that should you become infected you can quickly revert back to a clean system.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back