LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Right, its been a bit miserable on here the last week or so. Personaly I blame Jim and his miserable weather threads.

Today though my fellow motorhomers I have requested decent weather accross the country for the weekend. So lets look forward and have a chat about where you are taking that van,bus or even converted car too this weekend?

The haganaps? well we are off to join Pammy at the fishing and boules meet. Dusting off my pole and getting my bait ready :thumb:

I also see some steam fair happening, there is also other events thoughout the country for us all to go out and celebrate the Great Brittish summer.

So where you going?

Why you going there?

and Happy traveling .:thumb:

MaureenD

Free Member
Jan 15, 2008
South Wales Vallys
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since October 07 but Caravanning since 1972
Was going to Monmouth on a CC Rally but my MAM's been taking into hospital. So its canceled
Maureen

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
I have just checked the weather forcast for the weekend, and its not good, several inches of rain, the odd hail storm, and 90mph winds gusting to over 100 mph at times, the bad weather will be mainly concentrated around Scunthorpe, the best of the weather will be in Crewe where it will be sun sun sun:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Have a good weekend

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 25, 2008
Barril da Alva, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
on and off for the whole of my existance
War and peace

I am hoping the weather will be kind to us at the weekend. I am off to the war and peace show, Hop farm in Kent
Happy travels to those that do venture out.:Cool:::bigsmile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Bus-mans holiday for me I'm afraid:Smile: Donnington park British round of the Moto GP:thumb:

Looking OK for the weekend, Friday a bit iffy.

Last one eh. I can't say I'm particularly sorry, the facilities are on a par with a Moroccan campsite.

I've not been to Silverstone in over 40 years so might give it a go next year.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
dartmoor if my son is o,k after having his tonsils out today [hes 30 years old by the way ] :Blush::thumb::ROFLMAO:

Hi Theresa,
That sounds great, I had my tonsils out at age 37, man it hurt real bad, tehy made me eat toast and frosties straight away, mean nurses. However i am amazed at how well I have been since, no tonsiliters ( used to get it 3 times a year and recovery got worse with age) and loads of other bennifits like less colds etc.

SO good luck with it and hope you make your weekend away :thumb:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Was going to Monmouth on a CC Rally but my MAM's been taking into hospital. So its canceled
Maureen
Hope she recovers Maureen, I will post an extra special blog for your to read

I have just checked the weather forcast for the weekend, and its not good, several inches of rain, the odd hail storm, and 90mph winds gusting to over 100 mph at times, the bad weather will be mainly concentrated around Scunthorpe, the best of the weather will be in Crewe where it will be sun sun sun:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Have a good weekend

Hey Graham we are funsters, despite my ordering the good weather for everyone, if the dark side curse us with bad weather they will nether stop funsters on a meet having fun!!

Bus-mans holiday for me I'm afraid:Smile: Donnington park British round of the Moto GP:thumb:

yes but what a holiday to have" are you spannering? racing or selling?

I am hoping the weather will be kind to us at the weekend. I am off to the war and peace show, Hop farm in Kent

Kent has a micro climate, not sure I can weaver my magic all the way over there but I will try. the show looks good thougt:thumb:

Aberdeen.
To earn a few bob.

Long way to go and sell your body Brian? however I hear those riggers off the choppers are not too fussy so you could get that new sat system soon.

Good luck every one have fun and keep em coming.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Off to Bonny Scotland for a weeks holiday WITHOUT the motorhome.. we full timers need a break too .. :winky:

Renting a cottage on a beautiful loch, works out cheaper than taking George ..

Will do some family research, visit my elderly dad, Jan's family and friends ..

Jim

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972

Have a nice time. We're not going as we're off to N.Wales however my eldest son will be there doing the First Aid if you need him:helpsos:

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
the dark side ? are they still around, thought they'd flattened each other by know:boxing:

being a funster is about always looking on the bright side of life ( I feel a song coming on)

Lets face it even if it does rain in scunny ( which i'm sure it won't) then atleast the fish will be biteing:thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We're taking part in the English Heritage Festival of History at Kelmarsh Hall between Market Harborough and Northampton.

Four days free camping - but only for participants I'm afraid :Smile:

Come along and see if you can spot me dressed up in silly clothes - and before Geo or somebody else comes in I mean silly 17th century clothes, not the ones I usually wear :Smile:

Graham

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Were going on a C&CC meet at Appledore Kent with Patsy4, Bob&Jane and Red Sonja and the weather is going to be fantastic:thumb:

Or I may stay in and watch smilies:ROFLMAO:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Were going on a C&CC meet at Appledore Kent with Patsy4, Bob&Jane and Red Sonja and the weather is going to be fantastic:thumb:

Or I may stay in and watch smilies:ROFLMAO:

Good fishing on the canal there and watch out for the hot air balloons.

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Going to a local Steam Fair. Hoping to sit around all day doing nothing. I help run another local Steam Fair so it will be nice to watch someone else doing all the work.

Andy

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Already there!:ROFLMAO:
This week, we're based on a very nice CS in't t'hills, just outside Leek (Staffordshire).
Stunning scenery, even if I couldn't see much of it on my 2 hour walk in the mist after work last night!:ROFLMAO:
10amp hook up, fresh and dump facilities..........and begger all else, just how we like it.
Forcaste for the weekend is reasonable and we've got friends arriving with thier caravan for the weekend so really looking forward to some fun.::bigsmile:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I am stuck at home

a) motorhomeless:cry:

b) my dad not good at all at the moment.:Sad:

Have a ball wherever you go:winky:::bigsmile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Long way to go and sell your body Brian? however I hear those riggers off the choppers are not too fussy so you could get that new sat system soon.

The riggers are gentlemen compared to the Albanian cooks ! I avoid Albanian cooks at all costs, though it has to be said, they speak highly of you, Ilianovic sends his love.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Look up. That used to be one of my favourite places in the universe, 5000 feet up in the gliders from Hus Bos.
Dunno about gliders Brian but they've had the World War I Flyboys there the last couple of years - mono, bi and tri-planes in dogfights :Smile:

Gnashed teeth - why is the UK weather *so* bad !!!
Well, we had some rain yesterday but back to the warm sunny weather today here :Smile:

Graham

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Sorry dad is not well again John.
Motorhomeless??????????? have you sold it? Did I miss the advert or what.:Sad:

No bit the bullet and spending the last of my saving on it getting all the little niggles I have put up with hopefully cured.

Then a paint job and I will be totally pot less.

She will be in her full glory then but to be honest with just Bruno and I a smaller bus would be better for us and even a eurovan.

Selling the Jeep and the toad to get some ca$h in (anyone looking for a cheap and very reliable toad?)

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
See Funsters, look how wide and varied we are. We are all about fun over here.

We have someone off looking at steam engines, we have some other wierdo who not satisfies with modern atire dresses up in in 17th century gear :ROFLMAO: (love it really gjh, just jealous)

Other funsters getting together in the devils county of Kent, and blisters proimising to sing a song.

John I hope ya dad gets better soon and I look forward to seeing the new bus when its done. :thumb: Don't worry about not having a pot to Pxx in mate, better to be having fun than saving for the day when it rains, can't take it with ya.:thumb:

Keep em coming and enjoy whereever you are going.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Have a great time Paul & tribe::bigsmile:

Will keep my bus as know what's been done, could not go through replacing this and that again.

Dads in a real bad mental state now, never expected anything like how he is now, it's really hard watching this happen to him:Sad:

Dreaming about my bus keeps me sane:Smile:

Hope to see you all at Malvern, finger crossed the medics will be finished by then and will be ready for a paint job then.

Waiting to here about all the FI$HY tales from you guys get up to!:roflmto:

nozzmoking

Free Member
Jul 31, 2008
West Berkshire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2008
Back to Bo Peep at Banbury for a nice relaxing long weekend. Even the dogs are excited. ::bigsmile:

Just checked the weather, but it's been cancelled so don't know what to expect. :Doh:

Trying out the Cadac (BBQ) for the first time, so will probably need a new awning on Monday. Stocked up with wine, beer and JD so if anyone here is going to the same place drop by and help me to get rid of some of it.

Paul

Redvers-MOTs

Trade Member
Aug 20, 2008
swindon wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A class ?
Exp
1 1/2 years and loving it.
Off to Cornwall for about 10 days :thumb::thumb: 7 in pentewen sands and the rest, who knows. I cannot wait to spend some quality time with my wife and kids :thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back