Navibuzz 7" Truck Satnav Updates (1 Viewer)

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Just trying to update the IGo Chinese job many of us bought a couple of years ago and the files are downloading and unzipping as only an fbl file unlike the older TomTom files from 2013 and 2014 which, when unzipped, opened as 3 files, fbl, fsp and ftr. Transferring them onto the satnav just gives me an error message and the navigation icon won't open. Anyone downloaded successfully lately?

For those who don't know the download site is http://www.elitefashion99.co.uk/

The nail polish looks a good buy! :)

OP
OP
Bailey58

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Thanks Jock I'll have a look there but I seem to remember we were redirected to the Elite fashions site some time back and that's certainly where I've got the updates before. There were posts too re the log in for the site you mention but it's all so long ago. :rolleyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
The update server for navi buzz was freemapsupdate.com this now redirects to elitefashion99.co.uk where the files now reside for download. However they are incomplete only fbl files are there, the ftr, fsp and fda files are missing.

The uk file there is the same one as the one on the gody718 unit that I recently bought, which is no good as a truck satnav as the ftr files are missing.

Interestingly a google search on freemapsupdate returned the following "We found that the organization hosting www.Freemapsupdate.com is GoDaddy.com" Which may explain why the new unit does not have the correct files.

John

Reactions: LAM
OP
OP
Bailey58

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Thanks John, I guessed there was something wrong as they've downloaded ok in the past from elite. I'll have to re-load the 2014.06 files I took off earlier, good job I keep these files. (y)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
This situation seems to be getting worse doesn't it. I've just sent the following e-mail to Navibuzz and I'll post the response when I get one.
I have just been to your web site to download the latest United Kingdom maps for my Truck Sat Nav from http://www.elitefashion99.co.uk/truck-map-for-gps-navigators.html but noticed that only one of the five required files (the .fbl file) is there. The other required files, including the truck specific ".ftr" file are not there.

That obviously means that the file "set" provided is useless for the purpose which I (and, no doubt hundreds, if not thousands, of other people) bought the unit.

I also notice that you are still selling similar units on eBay and that included in the specification is the sentence "MAP upgradable for free (Customer can contact us in the future for map update unlimited update lifetime)". Obviously that is not accurate given the current download availability so the product description breaches eBay's rules. Are eBay aware of that?

Could you please advise me as to when the full set of files will be available.

OP
OP
Bailey58

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Well I had a reply from elite this morning and they seem somewhat bemused by my query asking for my account number together with the order number. o_O I've replied with further details and copied the gist of Graham's letter to Navibuzz so they have a fuller picture.

Last edited:
Reactions: GJH

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I've had two automated read receipts but no substantive reply to my message. That's unusual because they've normally responded quickly in the past so maybe they realise they dropped a clanger. Hopefully they are taking time to rectify the situation rather than just ignoring it.

@lunarman John, as a matter of interest, does XGody use the same map download site?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Well I had a reply from elite this morning and they seem somewhat bemused by my query asking for my account number together with the order number. o_O I've replied with further details and copied the gist of Graham's letter to Navibuzz so they have a fuller picture.
I've now received a similar reply. I've sent them copies of the e-mails detailing my original order and their order update message.

Their reply also directed me to the download page (the same one I quoted to them in my original message) as if it was a problem with the download rather than the file content. We shall see what happens :)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Latest - "Can you try instruction we told you before as it works by other customers thanks ,if no luck,contact us for further help."

I've told them not to insult me, repeated that the problem is the files not the download process and that "I am beginning to think that the "unlimited update lifetime" is a scam and that I need to report your company to eBay and Trading Standards."

We'll see what they say to that.

OP
OP
Bailey58

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I'd like that too if I could, not that I like their reply.

Edit: Just seen Jim's post on "Likes".

OP
OP
Bailey58

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Just opened a similar reply from elitefashions:

HI

can you login into this website to download the maps:

http://www.elitefashion99.co.uk/truck-map-for-gps-navigators.html

then slide the page down and you can see the link to download the map.

PS: the download maps can't be opened in your computer. It's not compatible with computers. But don't worry; the files are ok in the gps

1. 1.After downloading, please unzip the file to several files-> Connect the GPS to the computer->open the file (path:primo\content\map)->press"ctrl+F" to find "UK or Other countries"->delete them->put the new downloaded UK Truck map into it.->disconnect the computer

2.Then set navi paht turn on the GPS->Please scroll the main menu to second page,->click “navi path”icon, you will see the path is /ResidentFlash/Primo/igo.exe.-->click the blue button of the bar-> click" /ResidentFlash"->"PRIMO"-> "igo.exe"->"ok". The setting is done.

Can you try the instruction above as it works by other customers thanks ,if no luck,contact us for further help

Best Regards,

Customer Service, Elite99
One Step Closer to Five-Star Fashion

As Graham said they're treating us as idiots. I shall reply in a similar fashion, pun intended.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Its the same as the Xgody people they either don't want to or are incapable of understanding what the problem is.

OP
OP
Bailey58

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
My reply

Good afternoon,
Please read my email again, I have already explained the problem, and please don’t attempt to fob me off with a bog standard reply, I do know how to download and install map updates.

Quote: “1.After downloading, please unzip the file to several files”.

The zip file does not open up to several files as you claim, I repeat, that only one of the five required files (the .fbl file) is there. The other required files, including the truck specific ".ftr" file are not there.

Your website is hosting the lifetime map updates for the Navibuzz satnav which was, and is still being, sold on ebay to many of us on the motorhomefun forum and no doubt hundreds of other buyers. The lack of a workable update will be against ebay rules and the Trades Description Act. Please look into this again and ensure you can provide the full file set to allow the map updates which were included with the purchase of this item.

Yours

That'll keep it going for another few days, I've got the rest of my life to keep on at them.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Its the same as the Xgody people they either don't want to or are incapable of understanding what the problem is.
I think they might be starting to understand. Latest from them
Sorry for the inconvenience. If so, how about we offer you a discount to get a new maps card to sort it out? The maps card comes with the the whole system might help to solve the problem. What do you think?
My reply
A new maps card would only solve the current problem but not any future deficiencies in the map sets published for download.

I also note that you do not quantify the "discount". If I were to accept your offer then the discount would have to be 100% (i.e. the card would have to be sent to me free of charge). The contract I made with your company when I bought the unit was that it included free (and complete) lifetime map updates. It is, therefore, up to your company to comply with that contract and not to offer a new card at an extra charge.

As you will understand, the only long term satisfactory solution (for me and for all your other customers who have trusted the honour of your company) will be for future map set downloads to be complete sets.

If the short term fix (in order to give your company time to ensure that future map sets will be complete) is a new card then I will accept that but only if it is sent to me free of charge and I am assured that future sets for download will be complete.
I used the word "honour" deliberately :D

OP
OP
Bailey58

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I can google it Graham but what address did you use for Navibuzz? I'll forward them a copy of my conversation with elite fashions, perhaps they'll do something more if a few of us get on to them.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I can google it Graham but what address did you use for Navibuzz? I'll forward them a copy of my conversation with elite fashions, perhaps they'll do something more if a few of us get on to them.
It's the Elite Fashions customer service address I've been using Rob. The eBay supplying company (from my original eBay purchase) is actually Bailun Trading Ltd in China though the unit was actually sent to me from Glasgow (same location as current listings).
Many eBay traders use a variety of addresses and company names, both in this country and abroad. Elite Fashions actually have a London address on their web site.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
My experience with Navibuzz suggests that you'll be asked (many times) to do checks you have previously done at their request. Persistence will cause them to offer a new map set, or new software, or more likely both, for which they will ask you for £6 postage for the SD card. I went through this rigmarole twice before giving up & rather stupidly buying a S/H satnav that used the same software for £10 off ebay. Copied one to the other & with a minor tweek to correct for different screen sizes it worked. Took it with me on a MH trip a couple of weeks ago & it lasted an hour before the picture on the screen broke up into lines & jagged bars. It now does that every time I switch it on. The faults that caused my initial contact with Navibuzz were a faulty USB cable and an error message when loading the navigation software.

OP
OP
Bailey58

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Ok Graham. I've been going round in circles on the Navibuzz ebay page so I'll stay with elite. (y)

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
I've got one of these, and I've been pleased with it (never having owned or needed a Satnav before) and I've always had the feeling that the maps they supply aren't quite "above board" - and perhaps the software itself too. I may be wrong, but if not it may explain why they are apparently now struggling to offer updates...

OP
OP
Bailey58

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Update: email from elite with the same proposition, I've replied:

Good Morning Vivian,
I appreciate the offer but the unit was sold with free lifetime map updates and no short term fix will compensate for future years when map updates should be made available under the terms of the listing on ebay and, therefore, your contract with the buyer.

At the moment my unit is running on map updates from 2014 and you must make every effort to provide current mapping and future mapping updates as promised at the time of purchase and which you are still promising on current ebay listings.

I look forward to hearing further.

Regards,

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I've got one of these, and I've been pleased with it (never having owned or needed a Satnav before) and I've always had the feeling that the maps they supply aren't quite "above board" - and perhaps the software itself too. I may be wrong, but if not it may explain why they are apparently now struggling to offer updates...
I must admit to similar thoughts in the past.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Latest reply from them is that the unit is out of warranty and asking for £4 for postage of a new card. I've replied:
I have asked you before not to insult me so I am dismayed at your answer.

The device itself might be out of warranty but a lifetime maps update guarantee lasts a lifetime, not a year or two. I have paid your company for that lifetime maps update service and I have no intention of paying your company more because your company is at fault.

The map card will not "solve the problem for software issue" because there is no software issue. The issue is that the mapping data files available from your download site are incomplete (only one file instead of the full set of five required).

If, as you say, the maps on the card are complete and up to date then it must be a simple matter for you to copy them from the card and load them to the download site using FTP. That being the case I am increasingly concerned that the "unlimited update lifetime" is a scam and that your company does not wish to honour the contracts it made with me and all its other customers.

I am afraid my patience is running out so unless you resolve this matter properly by supplying the full set of maps for download, or send me a card containing the full set of maps for no charge, within the next 24 hours I shall have no option but to report your company to eBay for breaching its terms of sale and to Trading Standards so that they can take court action.

OP
OP
Bailey58

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Slightly different from my latest just a moment ago, but not a lot.

dear buyer,

Thanks for getting back to us. We contacted our supplier who said now the latest version of the maps is 2014 Q4 and they would update the maps to 2015 version as soon as possible.

regarding the issue, it is the problem with faulty file, a map card may solve the problem. if 7GBP is not ok for you, we could make it to 4GBP in total which is the best we can do. is it ok for you ?

I'm busy with fence panels at present so will leave my considered reply until later. (y)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Slightly different from my latest just a moment ago, but not a lot.

dear buyer,

Thanks for getting back to us. We contacted our supplier who said now the latest version of the maps is 2014 Q4 and they would update the maps to 2015 version as soon as possible.

regarding the issue, it is the problem with faulty file, a map card may solve the problem. if 7GBP is not ok for you, we could make it to 4GBP in total which is the best we can do. is it ok for you ?

I'm busy with fence panels at present so will leave my considered reply until later. (y)
I download the 2014 Q4 maps last June but the set doesn't contain the .ftr file. At the time I contacted Navibuzz/Elite and was told "I have consulted my superior and she told me that you can just keep the original ".ftr" file and replace the other old files.". That seemed to work OK but they should still supply a full set.

OP
OP
Bailey58

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
United_Kingdom_83_TomTom_2014.06_140908.fbl
United_Kingdom_83_TomTom_2014.06_140908_(TI).ftr

I've always had most of Europe and Scandinavia and now I've looked again my 2014 sets only ever contained two files above as did the 2012 set, the 2013 were 3 sets inc. the fsp files, they all seemed to work.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
From Navibuzz this morning:
Sorry for all the inconvenience, but as we explained before, 4GBP for a map card is the bestest we can offer. Hope you can understand.
My reply:
No I do not understand.

You made a contract with me - and goodness knows how many other customers - to supply lifetime map updates within the price paid.

Any honourable company would abide by that contract rather than try to rip customers off.

As I pointed out, if you have the up to date map set on a card then it is a simple process for you to upload it so that customers can then download copies. The fact that you are refusing to do so - and that you continually ignore the real problem - makes me suspicious that your company is not an honourable company.

You have something less than an hour of the 24 I gave you yesterday to honour the contract. If I do not hear from you I shall be complaining to eBay and asking that you be banned from selling.
After lunch I wrote a note to send to eBay but couldn't find a way of sending it so, instead, I've reported their item 391074644314 as fraudulent (which was the closest of the options available). Hopefully eBay will ask for further details but I'm not holding my breath as, presumably, eBay make plenty of money from all the sales that Navibuzz makes.

OP
OP
Bailey58

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Appointment this morning but I guess they are beginning to put two an two together with us two as I had the same reply, I like the "bestest" offer.

I've replied:

No I am not prepared to pay for a temporary fix when you should be providing updates as you are contracted to do.

I shall report your company to ebay for failing to honour your contract.

Good day.

OP
OP
Bailey58

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I've just reported them too using the same number, pity there's no option to go into further detail as to why it's fraudulent. I notice they're somewhat cheaper now, I paid £62.99 in May 2014.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back