Upholstery in Morocco - Recommendations (1 Viewer)

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Can anyone recommend anywhere, other than Mustafa's in Agadir, to get the van seats recovered please? Not saying we won't go to Mustafa's but wondered if there was anywhere else that can be recommended?

Cheers
Sandra

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Yes, Sandra, a little company called Regal at Ilkeston, Derbyshire - a long way from Agadir :rofl:
Just had a complete re-fit done there(y) and their work is first class.

If I were looking over there I'd be searching for re-upholsterers in say Rabat or Casablanca. You should ask for 'rembourrage' en Francais.

Examples of re-upholstery we have seen in Maroc, look like they've been done by Ray Charles assisted by Steveie Wonder :cooler::cooler:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Yes, Sandra, a little company called Regal at Ilkeston, Derbyshire - a long way from Agadir :rofl:

If I were looking over there I'd be searching for re-upholsterers in say Rabat or Casablanca. You should ask for 'rembourrage' en Francais.

Examples from Maroc we have seen look like they've been done by Ray Charles assisted by Steveie Wonder
:cooler::cooler:
Ha ha, that's not put me off at all Ken!! We only want to get some covers made for the driving seats and arm rest covers, not a complete makeover.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Well don't go to the first one you come across like you did with the guy who did your mural on the back of the Hymer:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I use ski socks for armrest covers.
I'd say get a proper job done here.

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp

Examples of re-upholstery we have seen in Maroc, look like they've been done by Ray Charles assisted by Steveie Wonder :cooler::cooler:
The tale of pinkie comes to mind
And a powder blue paint jobby

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Well don't go to the first one you come across like you did with the guy who did your mural on the back of the Hymer:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Thanks for reminding me Ken. Funny enough, there is Dutch couple on site now that went through the same - got a van tat from whoever he was then had to get Rashid to go over it. I am not the only numpty travelling around.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
With the orange peel finish. The lady had some guts I must say, but her feminine charm fell on stony ground with the Moroccan 'tradesmen - my uncle will fit your copper sink for you'

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Sandra, after your glowing recommendation at the BBQ the other day Mr Jenben and I are considering covering our van seats in hittopopamus skins. However @jumartoo thinks the Hogwarts option is the one for them. That is too magical for us... ..:)

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Sandra, after your glowing recommendation at the BBQ the other day Mr Jenben and I are considering covering our van seats in hittopopamus skins. However @jumartoo thinks the Hogwarts option is the one for them. That is too magical for us... ..:)
You are too cruel, taking the pee during my time of wine inflicted speech impediment.

For anyone wondering what Jenben is talking about, what I actually said was hippopotamus and warthogs. Can I help it if they were so under the influence of the grape that their ears weren't working properly! That's how I remember it anyway.

See Hogwarts!
image.jpeg

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Sandra, we were just jealous of you having seen hippopotamus and warthogs in the wild. We only get to see them on the TV.
I don't think it was the wine anyway, it was that last nespresso....

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
If this post is still about re-upholstery then, I saw a small place in Tafroute with a seat they had upholstered on show and it looked good! It is on the opposite side of the road from the Chicken shack just before the road bends round to the left.
That said we had ours re-upholstered at Tockfields at Ripley, excellent job at a good price.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Back to the original thread.......
We saw a van that had been re upholstered at Atlantica Park, Taghazoute and it had been done very nicely.
Gwen went over it with a fine tooth comb at the request of the vans owners (they knew she has upholstey expetience) and it got the thumbs up.
We wouldnt be afraid to get such a job done there.
I cant remember how much it cost 5 years ago, but i dont think it was expensive.

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
We didn't have any work done on the upholstery in the end. Waited until we were back in the UK and went for a full leather job from Regal, very pleased we are too.

I would thoroughly reccommend the guy that is based at Terra du Ocean for any screens, bags or covers.

Our external thermal screens are excellent quality and the material is far more robust then even the best offerings I have seen in the UK. We also had screens made for the side windows, for when it is really hot, or cold. We can keep the heat out on the sunny side of the van or keep the heat in when we are at a ski resort. He even made a thermal screen for the skylite over our bed, which is great for when the sun comes up at 4 or 5 in the morning.

May 7, 2011
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
We had some upholstery done whilst in Tiznit on the municipal site. Momo's place is just the other side of the wall from the campsite. Very good, very quick, and incredibly low cost. The site office will tell you exactly where he is. Will come to your van and take things away to his workshop, or you can park outside

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back