Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
On our old forum we had Likes and Thanks. When we upgraded we lost the ability to thank and that was one of the few grumbles about our new setup. In our continual strive to improve this place we've now implemented a brand new 'likes' system.

The new 'likes' system allows you to rate posts with one of a number of different ratings. These ratings include Like, Thanks, Funny, Useful and Informative and provide an easy way for you to indicate how you feel about a particular post. Only one rating can be given per post so choose the most apt.

To rate a post, you must log in to the forums and mouse over the post in question. Once your mouse is over the post, the post ratings buttons will appear towards the bottom right of the post.
(On touch screen devices, the post rating buttons are always visible).

Click one of the ratings to rate the post. You can always undo your rating by clicking theUndo Rating link.

The ratings given to a particular post are shown below the post on the left.

Hope you like it, and if you don't, I hope you grow to like it :)

No.... I will not implement any negative ratings such as Disagree, Dumb, etc If you disagree with a post, then respond to it and say why :)

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Still have no signs of 'like' showing here Jim, only have visibility of Report, Multi-Quote & Quote

Will log out and re-sign in

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Still have no signs of 'like' showing here Jim, only have visibility of Report, Multi-Quote & Quote

Will log out and re-sign in

Hover over the text of the post and the rating will appear just under the Multi-Quote Quote Buttons.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Hover over the text of the post and the rating will appear just under the Multi-Quote Quote Buttons.

I can't seem to do that on my iPad though.

It doesn't matter because the icons are still under the quote button.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
The only downside I can think of is that now the casual post viewer cant see who has given the poster what. I mean, I might agree with a post, but I couldn't add my 'like' to it if say the post was political, and a few of those I would not normally agree with had liked it, because it would be seen as agreeing with them.......Which might make one appear to be say a Communist sympathizer, or a terrorist apologist etc.

OH BOLLOXXXXXXXXXXXXX..... Sorry, just seen the little list button at the end.....Dumbkopf.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
They should be permanently visible on an ipad

Yes - bottom right but I can't seem to hover over them so that I know what each symbol means.

Not a problem though

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
must be really boring sitting in your mh wondering what to do next. Here in Compton its cold and wet and iam wondering what to do next:rolleyes:

Deleted User
Can see the new icons, but can't hover as on my window phone, so not sure what each one is? Well at the moment I do as you listed them, hopefully we will remember them and the order wont change :)
Forgotten them already had to scroll back up to check, oh dear, must do more brain training :(

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Can see the new icons, but can't hover as on my window phone, so not sure what each one is? Well at the moment I do as you listed them, hopefully we will remember them and the order wont change :)
Forgotten them already had to scroll back up to check, oh dear, must do more brain training :(
And on the smaller screens the new icons are a bit close together....and my fingers aren't that fat - honest!:rolleyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back