Dec 21, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 1979
Hi guys
I am looking for pvc on the Internet,have seen some I quite like but my problem is most are a long distance away.My question is has anyone used AA alternative or similar to do a check before I travel any advice would be much appreciated
Thanks Laurence

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We have RAC through our insurance and were pleased with them when our cambelt tensioner went 7.5 metres and 4.5 tonne used an artic to lift us to wherever we wanted to go.

joe

Apr 21, 2008
bedford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Rac not very good. Sitting blocking 1 lane on A14 for last 2 hours and they cannot get anyone out. Now police are getting someone else to recover me

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Mine is included in the van insurance which is with Camping and caravan club. Full European recovery. Never needed it yet, but no reason to believe it would be less than perfect. Gary

Apr 21, 2008
bedford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Mine is with arrival still part blocking a14

OP
OP
L

Lazlo

Free Member
Dec 21, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 1979
Klattu is correct, I'm looking for inspection before I purchase thanks

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
My advice would be to view any van personally before paying for an inspection.

I know it's difficult to find the right vehicle locally, bottom line is, you have to do the legwork and be patient, particularly if you want something specific and not whatever the local dealership has to offer.

It took us two years to find our first van, spent many weekends and drove thousands of miles to find 'the one'
We did lots of window shopping before deciding on van #2, narrowing down our options. It was then a case of waiting until a suitable vehicle came up for sale (took around 3 months) and only 100miles away.
Third van was a shortlist of around 5 models. All incredibly rare.... drove about a thousand miles before ours came up for sale, a 500mile round trip just to view - it turned out to be 'the one' but would've walked away if not good enough !

If you have a specific vehicle in mind, you could always request a Funster's assistance.
I'm sure many would be willing to view a van local to them if it's too far away for you.
Then, if it get's the ok, you can make the journey to view, knowing it's not a lemon (as so many are).
Find 'the one' for you then worry about inspections ..

Hope this helps !

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Lazlo, If it helps, my experience of AA vehicle inspections was 3 years ago when I was selling a Discovery 3. The guy interested sent the AA to do their most expensive inspection ( I think it cost him £200) It was a joke! Total time spent was 30 mins including a 10 min test drive. He didn't even get on his knees to look underneath. Had a walk round,looked inside, lifted the bonnet for 30secs and asked me the same questions the purchaser had already asked. The guy bought the vehicle ( which was perfect) after spending more time than the AA looking at it. Based on that 1 experience I would never use them.
Cheers
Bernie

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi Laurence, not sure where you live in Cornwall, or what part of the country the target van(s) are in, but the advice from MHF members here is very good and the members are spread all over the UK, and beyond. My own experience of using the knowledge on this site has been that whenever I have asked for advice either for myself or colleague MH owners, the response has been first class and very swift. Gary

OP
OP
L

Lazlo

Free Member
Dec 21, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 1979
Hi guys anyone in the Ross on Wye area would be willing to take a look at a pvc for me, will gladly pay expenses thanks,just a general nose around to see if you get a feel for it cheers

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back