Benidorm! A cautionary tale! (1 Viewer)

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Last Thursday I had my wallet stolen in a bar on the seafront of Benidorm.
We were out with a large group of fellow Funsters in the Heartbreak bar, they spiked me, knocked me out for 4 hours.
TAKE CARE FOLKS I THOUGHT IT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN TO ME BUT IT DID!!!!!
Cheers
Ed

Last edited:

Crusty jack

Free Member
Dec 2, 2015
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 640
Exp
Since1994
I should think it already has.... Toby Trux.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
We were out with a large group of fellow Funsters in the Heartbreak bar, they spiked me, knocked me out for 4 hours.
Cheers
Ed
Where were your mates ( funsters) weren't they looking after you???

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
Sorry to hear that. Horrible thing to happen

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Cheers
Ed
Who spiked you? Who knocked you out for 4 hours Ed? What happened to you and your wallet.....

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
That's terrible Ed, that must have been after the Zodiac Tapas and in broad daylight then?

OP
OP
Sheddy
Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Who spiked you? Who knocked you out for 4 hours Ed? What happened to you and your wallet.....
No idea who did the deed, we presume something was added to my beer, my wallet with the contents was lifted from my pocket in the bar in daylight, and the cards in it were tried in an ATM almost immediately according to my Bank, however it was very fortunate that I had the company of the Tapas crowd of Funsters who heroically managed to more or less carry me home and put me in a seat in our awning, from where I came round 4 hours later, at the time nobody realised what had happened, folk understandably just thought I had got very drunk. It was me who realised my wallet was missing when I came round, I have absolutely no recollection of leaving the bar. the trip home or anything for the 4 hours I was out for, it is just a complete blank.
Cheers
Ed

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Awful to read that Ed hard to believe after the fun times we all had in the heartbreak last couple of winters , just an example of the evil people out there watching and waiting an opportunity to pounce, but so glad to hear that you are ok and that the Beni funsters looked after you what a great bunch they are , enjoy the rest of your hols don' t let them spoil your fun take care
Sue & Eric x

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
We were there and Ed was out for the count I'm no expert but it was more than drink that knocked him out , glad your ok Ed .

Paul

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I was not with the funsters on this occasion as I had only recently come out of hospital after a scare and am on antibiotics, so no alcohol. Ed and Shirl did come to visit me at my pitch on the morning after this incident. From what he told me, I deducted that someone behind the bar knows something about this, as when he went to ask if his wallet had been handed in they virtually threw him out of the bar. What concerns me most is that if some drug had been administered to someone with a heart condition. Then this could well be a case of murder.

Poohbear

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestlye 644
Exp
June 2015
How did they steal your wallet if you were with a group of other people?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Sorry to hear about the wallet loss, that's bad enough but the drink being spiked is terrible..
As you know I'm a regular to Benidorm and have heard reports of this before and certain bars seem to be known for it.
My wallet never leaves the apartment, just cash for the day....

Mar 28, 2011
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 7012, A Class
Exp
18 years
Oh Ed, this is shocking. When we first read it last night we also thought it was a joke. As said previously, thank goodness you were in the company of good friends
Made me remember last year, Daz bought me a drink and a short time later I feel onto the ground. My drink must have been spiked ha,ha,ha. Same bar.

All joking aside, this is awful, hope you are okay. Thanks for posting as it may help others be aware of the scumbags that are everywhere. Enjoy the rest of your stay.

Cally and Tony x

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
How did they steal your wallet if you were with a group of other people?

Because the @@@** so and sos are experts at what they do. They watch for groups of people having a good time and letting their guard down, a quick brush past in a crowded (or even not so crowded) place and your wallet is gone.

I use a bum bag even at home now, with just essentials in it - plus a neck wallet tucked inside my bra for more important items.

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
I'm in beni at the moment which bar.
Laurie

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
From what he told me, I deducted that someone behind the bar knows something about this, as when he went to ask if his wallet had been handed in they virtually threw him out of the bar. .

Made me remember last year, Daz bought me a drink and a short time later I feel onto the ground. My drink must have been spiked ha,ha,ha. Same bar.

x

So adding 2 & 2 , I'd be looking at it being done behind
the bar ?
Personally I'd go to the Guardia with a good spanish speaker & make a denuncia about the bar. After that I'd be back to the bar for the 'hojas de reclamación' & with back up. If they don't come across call the Policia local as it is a criminal offence not to give them when asked or not to have any .
They'll attend & shut them down if forms aren't produced.
If you do make a complaint then they can be filled in in any language , their is no requirement to be in Spanish.

OP
OP
Sheddy
Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
So adding 2 & 2 , I'd be looking at it being done behind
the bar ?
Personally I'd go to the Guardia with a good spanish speaker & make a denuncia about the bar. After that I'd be back to the bar for the 'hojas de reclamación' & with back up. If they don't come across call the Policia local as it is a criminal offence not to give them when asked or not to have any .
They'll attend & shut them down if forms aren't produced.
If you do make a complaint then they can be filled in in any language , their is no requirement to be in Spanish.
I went to the National police station to make my statement (Denuncia) with an interpreter provided by the police, the guy taking the statement said my statement would be investigated and that they may need to contact me for further information and from my bank as to exactly which ATM they tried my cards in.
Yesterday I went to the local Police to the lost and found where I got my Driving Licence and cards back. No wallet, they were not forthcoming with information as to where my cards were found, however the desk in front of the officer had lots of little bundles of cards and ids like mine, perhaps they had 'recovered' a job lot together. I think I will let the police handle things from here, I will not be visiting the bar again, and by posting here and elsewhere have gone someway to advise other folk what happened.
Cheers
Ed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back