ford transit travelhome roof leaks (1 Viewer)

Travelling Wonder

Free Member
Jun 26, 2015
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit travel home
Exp
I'm new
Hello gang :) I've got a 1991 ford transit travelhome and over the last week or so have had some leaks on some of the seals which I've sealed up, now it seems I've got one I can't pinpoint it's coming on the cab above and the material is coming away from the panel. I'd like to take it off and see what's behind there and replace it, is it easy to do? I've also been told that fiber glass strips are very good.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
one I can't pinpoint it's coming on the cab above and the material is coming away from the panel.
And that's the real problem... you have to find the source which could be time consuming and involve removing a fair bit of the lining etc.. If the material is parting company from the backing it sounds like possibly a fair bit of damp there ..
Perhaps someone who is familiar with your vehicle will be able to advise ,but I suspect it will involve some major work to sort properly..
Ta andy

OP
OP
T

Travelling Wonder

Free Member
Jun 26, 2015
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit travel home
Exp
I'm new
Hi Andy, can anyone recommend a good company or mobile company that can come down and repair it?

I'm based near Brighton.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Hi Andy, can anyone recommend a good company or mobile company that can come down and repair it?

I'm based near Brighton.

I'm sorry I can't be more help with info.. saw your post and replied as best I could ... I not familar with your van type...
Sometimes adding a few photos may help people give further advice..and someone from your neck of woods may be able to offer advice on a good workshop..
Just keep your post going by adding as much info as you can and pictures if possible and I'm sure you will get more advice
Ta Andy.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Johns cross is not far from you.

http://www.johnscross.co.uk/

The owner Peter is a member on the forum and many people speak well of the quality of the work they do.

He does give a discount to members of the forum but I am not sure it would apply to repairs.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back