LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi all, does or can anybody enhance a photo for me ?
The picture is of our son who recently passed away,and his partner/wife wants his picture (small one in the cnr of headstone) put on his headstone.:Smile:This is where we are stuck because the only picture we keep coming back to is one of him in a smoky room hence needing to edit and make clearer if that is possible :thumb::thumb:
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
email a copy and I'll give it a go as well.
Come on Roger send me a email add -- You know I have yours somewhere ?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thanks to everyone - Private messages as well:thumb::thumb: I am now more confident we shall get a good result from a member on here :thumb::thumb:
We did pay a photographer (crap) to do it but he messed up making the picture look worse than before
terry

twooks

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
good luck,
would offer but you seem to have it in hand
hope it goes well if not - get back to me

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Thanks to all who have tried :thumb::thumb: :Smile: but as yet no one has got much better results than my own very feeble attempts :Sad: Perhaps I am not thinking on the same wavelengths or realise the limitations of digital stuff.
Just had a brainwave :Eeek: could it be that I am looking at the pics too large on the screen ??????????? if I print the returns off at about 3 ins sq this may well have the desired results ??? after all that would be about the size required.
I know it is not the best quality photo in the world but ask yourself s just how many photos you have of your kids aged 28 ? We have 1,000s of him growing up but like dad & mam did not like his picture taken when he got older.:Eeek:
Any more thoughts suggestions appreciated :thumb: and once again thanks to all who have put in there time and effort.:thumb:
Would it be possible for someone to improve things using airbrush things ??? If anyone out there knows how to get better results I do not mind paying for there efforts.
Would it improve things if I scanned the pic at a very high resolution?
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Thanks to all who have tried :thumb::thumb: :Smile: but as yet no one has got much better results than my own very feeble attempts :Sad: Perhaps I am not thinking on the same wavelengths or realise the limitations of digital stuff.
Just had a brainwave :Eeek: could it be that I am looking at the pics too large on the screen ??????????? if I print the returns off at about 3 ins sq this may well have the desired results ??? after all that would be about the size required.
I know it is not the best quality photo in the world but ask yourself s just how many photos you have of your kids aged 28 ? We have 1,000s of him growing up but like dad & mam did not like his picture taken when he got older.:Eeek:
Any more thoughts suggestions appreciated :thumb: and once again thanks to all who have put in there time and effort.:thumb:
Would it be possible for someone to improve things using airbrush things ??? If anyone out there knows how to get better results I do not mind paying for there efforts.
terry

Hi Terry

Scanning at the highest resolution will improve the resolution and then printing as you suggest.. you don't have the negative by any chance ?

edit

scrub last comment .. senior moment :Blush:

should have said original picture file
Jim

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Jim, no negative it was on my digital ::bigsmile: but I did send the original resolution one.
Just had a quick look at a couple of the returns at about 3 ins (75 x 75 mm) and they are a good improvement :thumb: so this may well do. (unless we have a photo wizard on here :ROFLMAO:)
I have been playing with Adobe -- windows and the one I drive best AC-DC v6 but again I am a very new novice at them all.:ROFLMAO: and although I print some pics I have nether got into this editing /improving bit.
terry

Twooks I do not know if you are the wizard I am looking for ??? or indeed if you can improve on anybody else s efforts so far.If you feel you may be able to send me a PM and I will send you my email add and the pics.:thumb: thanks terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Thanks to all who are having a go for us :thumb: and taking up there valuable time :thumb:
I think I may have a better results with now viewing at 3 ins sq,things are looking better
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Done it :thumb: Nige

Is it possible for me to bo opening some of the photos with the wrong program (windows pic viewer or ACDsee ) because some efforts are viewing good and some bad, but you can see that a lot of effort has been done on all of them.:thumb: Can the program alter the viewed image ? or can the email system do that ?
Thanks one and all yet again terry

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
one thing we are all forgetting. .jpg images are small because they are degraded from original every time they are saved in effect compressed.. So copy/scan at highest resolution and save as a BMP. Send them to me again as BMP files and see the differance. To reduce the file size initally crop the portion you want and send that only.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Roger I sent the pic from the original file from the camera ?Are you wanting me to print it off then scan and send that ???If that is what will help I will give it a go :thumb:

highwayman,Nige your mates email will not work, cheers anyway :thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi Roger I sent the pic from the original file from the camera ?Are you wanting me to print it off then scan and send that ???If that is what will help I will give it a go :thumb:

highwayman,Nige your mates email will not work, cheers anyway :thumb:
ok Terry, obviously the original is not really very good quality hence your problem.
I am not sure the software exists to do what you really need

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I should be able to do it
Ralph

You certainly should if your photos are anything to go by, they keep cropping up on the home page and what a pleasure to look at they are. Any usually a useful comment on them.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi all, I have now printed a good few sent back to me and all in all at 3 ins sq there are a good half dozen to choose from that should fit the bill :thumb: Not sure which one we will end up using but again I/we would like to say a big THANKS to all who have rallied round with there efforts :thumb:Most are a lot better than my own feeble ones but I must admit I am now learning to drive the photo editing programs a lot better :ROFLMAO::thumb:
thanks again
terry

Oct 4, 2010
NORFOLK
Funster No
MH
DETHLEFFS C CLASS
Exp
Your son's photograph

Hi all, does or can anybody enhance a photo for me ?
The picture is of our son who recently passed away,and his partner/wife wants his picture (small one in the cnr of headstone) put on his headstone.:Smile:This is where we are stuck because the only picture we keep coming back to is one of him in a smoky room hence needing to edit and make clearer if that is possible :thumb::thumb:
terry

Hi
Looking at the date you posted this I guess by now you have sorted the problem with the photograph, I hope so.
If by any chance you have not please reply and it may be possible that I can help but the original photograph ie smokey room etc will be difficult to obtain a clear picture from.
Gaudie

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
realise the limitations of digital stuff.
terry

If the picture is crap the only person who can pull this off is an artist/painter, a bit of artistic licence will work wonders.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi all, update -we ended up with 3 pics off his mate from his wedding :thumb:These were good quality and served there purpose :thumb: Indeed we have just got a very nice 24 ins x 16 ins copy of one put onto a canvas for his partners xmas pressy.She refuses to throw anything away that our son Terry bought, so I have no doubt a few tears will be shed by her come xmas day.:Smile: Just as mine are writing this :winky: THANKS AGAIN
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back