Bold headings? (1 Viewer)

Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
I'm sure this will turn out to be really obvious, but why do some forum titles and some threads within those have the heading in bold? I've tried to find some sort of pattern but can't...........

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
If you've not visited the thread then its presented to you as bold, visit it, then it's ceases to be bold. :)

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
When it's bold, you haven't read the latest post in that thread yet.
When it's not, you haven't!
Easy when you know... :rolleyes:

EDIT Snap! (but of course @Jim 's explanation is clearer and more accurate than mine :LOL: )

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
acropolis22
Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
Right. I expected it would be something like that. But that is not how it is performing. Loads of threads that I visited yesterday still show in bold. What else could be going on, I wonder?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Right. I expected it would be something like that. But that is not how it is performing. Loads of threads that I visited yesterday still show in bold. What else could be going on, I wonder?

There are new posts in those threads you've not read :)

OP
OP
acropolis22
Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
No, because I've also tested it "live". In other words, I go into a "bold" thread, and come straight back out. Still bold. But I have actually worked it out now, at least part of it. If I use the back button on my browser to reverse out, the bolding does not clear. If I reverse out by choosing the forum name in the heading at the top, then the bolding does clear. The wonders of IT!! Don't suppose anyone else would be bothered by it. Just my warped mind. Sorry to have troubled you, Jim.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
There are new posts in those threads you've not read :)
See, easy Grasshopper. Bloody hell I'm showing my age there! 1970' telly programme I seem to remember in the dark and dismal past. :LOL:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
No, because I've also tested it "live". In other words, I go into a "bold" thread, and come straight back out. Still bold. But I have actually worked it out now, at least part of it. If I use the back button on my browser to reverse out, the bolding does not clear. If I reverse out by choosing the forum name in the heading at the top, then the bolding does clear. The wonders of IT!! Don't suppose anyone else would be bothered by it. Just my warped mind. Sorry to have troubled you, Jim.

Refresh the page rather than come back out. If you just hit the back button your going to a state where you hadn't read it.

OP
OP
acropolis22
Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
Yeah, got it now. Many thanks.