campsites in spain (1 Viewer)

D

david1234

Deleted User
hi all we are of to france this sunday,
heading south then on into spain?

anyone know of any decent campsites in spain that are not ripping people off ie pitch charge then kids charge then adult charge and so on.

what im looking for is some campsites that charge for the pitch and thats it. as im fed up with some campsites uk and spain,france trying there arm.

i normally only stay on campsite that charge this way by the pitch and upto 4/5 people.:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland

anyone know of any decent campsites in spain that are not ripping people off ie pitch charge then kids charge then adult charge and so on.

what im looking for is some campsites that charge for the pitch and thats it. as im fed up with some campsites uk and spain,france trying there arm.

i normally only stay on campsite that charge this way by the pitch and upto 4/5 people.:thumb:

Never found a cheap site in Spain, even during the low season it's only relatively cheaper if you stay for two or three months .. prepare to have your wallet lightened.. :Sad:

You may have seen this map on the other post .. may or may not be useful.

Aires and wild camping Spain

Jim

OP
OP
D

david1234

Deleted User
Never found a cheap site in Spain, even during the low season it's only relatively cheaper if you stay for two or three months .. prepare to have your wallet lightened.. :Sad:

You may have seen this map on the other post .. may or may not be useful.

Aires and wild camping Spain

Jim

what about italy then? we are going down to narbonne plage aires monday or
grusson?? spelling? if we cant get on them we will hit the beach at sete agde for a couple of nights and maybe head to the verdon gorge, no set plans yet. :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
We saw a really lovely camp site at Chiclana when we were staying there about 18 months ago in one of the hotels.

Sorry dont know the name or price, but it was reasonably near the sea and in a very spanish part of southern spain just down from Jerez.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
what about italy then? we are going down to narbonne plage aires monday or
grusson?? spelling? if we cant get on them we will hit the beach at sete agde for a couple of nights and maybe head to the verdon gorge, no set plans yet. :Eeek:

Hi , never done Italy, from what I hear the sites have rather small pitches and just as pricey , but they have a network of aires called Sostas..

For my money you can't beat France and Germany .. for me the only reason to go further south is for winter sun..

jim

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Jim! what about Rome the Colosseum, Venice the Doge's palace, Pisa the leaning tower, Vesuvius Pompeii, the list is endless.

Olley

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Jim! what about Rome the Colosseum, Venice the Doge's palace, Pisa the leaning tower, Vesuvius Pompeii, the list is endless.

Olley

I agree with Jim - they are just a bunch of old ruins cluttering the place up - time we cleaned the place up and built some decent tower blocks for our new settlers.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
A load of old stones mate .. I can see that in Colchester
Jim

Not like Herculaneum you can't. So well preserved you could move in now. Awesome.

Rome, well just stand in the Forum and think of all the footage you've viewed about ancient Rome in your life and This Is It, The Real Thing. The scale of their buildings is mind blowing.

Italian lakes, if you've not done these you have a treat stored up. It's a lake Jim, but not as we know it.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I agree with Jim - they are just a bunch of old ruins cluttering the place up - time we cleaned the place up and built some decent tower blocks for our new settlers.

and a few decent camp sites wouldn't go amiss.. :thumb:

The Romans invented concrete, if they were still around we would have full size proper RV pitches .. a place for the toad and trailer and an entertainment arena, not a glorified dusty olive grove .. ohh yes, and proper sanitation, hot tubs and wenches to attend our every need.. .. another Roman invention.. :winky:

OP
OP
D

david1234

Deleted User

Olley

geting a bit to far thanks all the same:thumb:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000

Hi,Duno about France,Spain,Italy,in July and August,I think you will be hard pushed to find ANY resonable camping.Most if not all of them double the site fees in July and August.We had a couple of weeks on good old Shell island 2 weeks ago at ÂŁ35 a head per week absolutly superb.We stay well clear of Southern Europe in the summer as it is to crowded and to damned expensive.Regards,Dave.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
bring back the romans...wouldnt need sat tv either could have a gladiators entertaining in the evening maybe give jobs to the unemployed feeding lions etc. could be on to something here should we set up an alternative govt?

olivesrockstar3

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
devon
Funster No
Exp
:thumb:Nice camp site at Santillana del mar next to medieval village and on bus route to Santander bit pricey but bar next door compensates

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Thinks Bubble .....

Santander - useful if doing the Bilbao ferry. But perhaps just a tad distant from Sete?

Ditto the Jerez area I'm afraid.

I think if you want to do Costa Brava beaches in July/August you will be scuppered as far as "cheap" goes.

If you ain't bovvered about beaches and touristy places then I'd say try heading inland AND off the beaten track a bit every time, whatever the time of year virtually.

Have a go at this here website

Costa Brava Pirineu de Girona, the oficial tourism site of the region

It does at least list every campsite known to man in Spain though the small ones don't have the prices or listed websites - but the beachy ones -1st and 2nd category ones - are 50 Euros a flippin' night in August.

Pauses to avoid (personal) heart attack; I'm hoping to convert the #2 hubby into liking Spain. Note to Self - keep him away from this thread!!!!!

bevo

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
north west
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
spain

for a cheapie in spain try this

Camperpark Costa Blanca

it's a bit out of the way but 12 euros a night sounds ok, within reasonable distance of the beach ( couple of miles) but a nice area

teensvan

Free Member
Jul 25, 2009
Fulltime in Motorhome
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi.

There is no such thing as a cheap site in spain. There is a very nice Aire just before Benidorm at a place called Altea. It is about 1 1/2 miles from the beach. Cost 12 Euro per night with free WiFi. Sorry i cannot give you any more info as i am not in the van with all my books this week.

steve & ann.------ teensvan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back