Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Last question. Any info on the aire at Berriozar Pamplona. Stopped off at aire in St Jean de luz before but thinking this way cuts down on the time across to Valencia.
Thanks a lot.:)

OP
OP
parknride

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Thanks @scotjimland I have the aire info but was wondering if anyone had any experience/info on staying there. Nervous Nellie here needs to feel safe:think:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Ok.. no, sorry..

but my impression looking at it is that as it is 'mixed' parking beside a block of flats.. so should be as safe as any other aire.. but who knows with the flats being so close..

It gets reasonably good reviews on Camperconatct

hopefully someone else will know more

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Last question. Any info on the aire at Berriozar Pamplona. Stopped off at aire in St Jean de luz before but thinking this way cuts down on the time across to Valencia.
Thanks a lot.:)
Stayed there many times, it is a lovely stopover. Very clean, and quiet. Right next door there is some exercise equipment and a playground for children, and a short walk gets you to many supermarkets.
The spots are slightly sloping, so you may want to put ramps under the wheels, personally we have never done this, we always point the van for a quick exit at Aires, but never had so much as a glimmer of trouble here.
As a warning, on the approach you are going to think that you aren't going the correct way, because it looks like you are heading up a dead end, but keep going, it is right at the end of the road.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
And just to be thorough, I dug out this old photo of our rented van parked up in this Airre (incidentaly, don't park like this, we got told off for blocking the pavement! :D ):
IMG_2439.JPG

OP
OP
parknride

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Thanks very much, will log this one and if we follow the plan should stop over here.
Incidentally @DanielFord did you get to it via the A15 heading towards Pamplona or the N121a? Looks like we went that way last time (121) but thinking A15 be quicker from France?

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Thanks very much, will log this one and if we follow the plan should stop over here.
Incidentally @DanielFord did you get to it via the A15 heading towards Pamplona or the N121a? Looks like we went that way last time (121) but thinking A15 be quicker from France?
Do you know, I haven't got the vaguest idea, I will have a look at our GPS track logs, I'm afraid I just do what Sat Nav lady tells me to do :D
When I find it, I will let you know.

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
Stayed at Berriozar a few times, no problems. See att'd photo.

There is also a free carpark in Pamplona opposite city the walls where you can stay the night but its a bit noisy, good for daytime parking though to visit the city if you don't fancy walking from the aire... 42.82160 -1.64890

Pete

Attachments

• Portugal2015 023.JPG
    Portugal2015 023.JPG
    189.5 KB · Views: 44
OP
OP
parknride

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Thanks @pjay night stop is what we looking for

@DanielFord I can't remember for sure what we did either because of satnav! just that looking at the map the 121 looks tortuous but the A15 faster but longero_O

Apr 10, 2015
Australia
Funster No
MH
Big Marlin ,Elnagh, 1998
Exp
Motorhoming Europe since 2009
We stayed in a carpark close to town this year. There were about 10 other motorhomes in the carpark who also stayed overnight. GPS 42.82101,1.6568. About a ten minute walk to the town. Well worth a visit. It is not the carpark in the camper contact but nearby. I think where we stayed would have been quiter and it is very flat. We saw the carpark in the camper contact and it looked very big and busy.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Thanks @pjay night stop is what we looking for

@DanielFord I can't remember for sure what we did either because of satnav! just that looking at the map the 121 looks tortuous but the A15 faster but longero_O
What I can tell you is, it took us roughly 2 hours to get there from the ferry in Santander. We always used to drive directly to Andorra, but the the ferry times got altered, so we had to find a stop over, and this was it! :D

nomad

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Mirfield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1982
Hi, have you considered leaving the A63 just before the first toll and going via Mont de Marsan, Orthez and Oleron St Marie and the the Somport tunnel and the A23 in Spain to Sagunto and then on to Valencia
Colin

OP
OP
parknride

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Hi, have you considered leaving the A63 just before the first toll and going via Mont de Marsan, Orthez and Oleron St Marie and the the Somport tunnel and the A23 in Spain to Sagunto and then on to Valencia
Colin
Hi Colin this the way we went home last time. Was wondering if the weather be OK to go through there in about a weeks timeish. It's an option its a lovely pretty route. Will have to do weather check nearer time. We will be going on theA23 to sagunto then turning right to go south. Not actually going to Valencia. Thanks.

nomad

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Mirfield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1982
Hi, I know what you mean about the weather, I'm setting off for the Tunnel crossing on Monday evening and I am keeping my fingers crossed that the stretch of narrow road from Oleron St Marie to the Somport tunnel is not snowbound. I am going to be watching Meteofrance.com all the way south and keeping my fingers crossed.
Our first stop after Valencia is hopefully Cullera
Best of luck
Colin

OP
OP
parknride

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Might catch you up, crossing to Calais early Monday. Have fun stay safe:)
Just checking on weather going to be -5° next Friday night that route. Close call @nomad

Last edited:

nomad

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Mirfield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1982
Thanks very much, that has really cheered me up. I suppose it could still be ok as long as it stays dry.
Have a safe journey
Colin

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
N 121 A. Is OK. UNLESS ICY/SNOWING. It is (was 2003) Ploughed. But the A15 is the better road If your following the Plough!.

Pete

OP
OP
parknride

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Thanks very much, that has really cheered me up. I suppose it could still be ok as long as it stays dry.
Have a safe journey
Colin
Sorry didn't mean to upset you, I'm a bit bothered myself because I know we can't hit that stretch until Friday! Never mind,:) the forecast could be wrong and if its not there's more than one road

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back