LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
A couple of years ago I obtained a copy of the Truckstop Guide book which was being given away free by the Highways Agency. Shortly afterwards the offer ended.

Just did a Google search to see if they had an updated version and found that it is now on-line Link Removed with details of opening times, costs, facilities etc plus locations via Google mapping.

Graham

J

johnandcarol

Deleted User
Personally, as a trucker, i can see no reason why not. The ones i use vary in price, but are around the £10 a night mark, some are more but give meal vouchers (optional). Obviously there would be no "dumping" facilities, but there are normally showers, toilets, wifi, and all the usual stuff at service area,s. If you need to use one, when you pull in, any of the truckers will give you advice, ie where the showers are, who to see to pay (sometimes its just a chap walking around with a hivis on.
They may not suit everyone, but are generally secure, and as long as you park away from any fridge motors, fairly quiet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Thanks Graham but can we use these stops?

Ralph
We have used them no problems,
Thanks for the heads up on the on line version, Graham:thumb: a hard copy is alway good to have in the cab for the unexpected over nighter:Blush:
Geo

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Thanks Graham but can we use these stops?

Ralph

As far as I know we can use most of them but not sure if we can use all. Many are based on service areas which anyone can use during the daytime.

As far as overnight goes I see them as somewhere convenient to stop if necessary on a long journey. On that basis the stop would probably be pre-planned so could always ring beforehand to check up.

Graham

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back