tv posotion in carioca 656 2006 model (1 Viewer)

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I have seen them mounted over the door. I have mine - an LCD Flat screen - mounted on a bracket under the TV housing. I have put shelves in there and store all the sat stuff - freeview and sky decoder plus DVD player and inverter.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I have seen them mounted over the door.

on my old CI Carrioca 10, well not so old....2004, it was mounted in a cupboard, over the dinnette.:cry:

the dinnette was the only seating area:Doh:
had to stand it on the sink cover and run an extension aerial cable to view it.

europeans dont seem to take TV as seriously as the brits (well, me in particular):Angry:

john the tv addict:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Stand it on the dining table. It takes up very little space and you get the ideal viewing angle.

If you mount it up high the picture is too dark and you get a crick ion the neck. The brackets are ridiculously expensive too.

Just find a safe place to stow it when travelling

Frankia

Free Member
Sep 24, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
europeans dont seem to take TV as seriously as the brits

No wonder have you ever watched German or French t.v. - BORING!

Portuguese t.v. in prime time 7pm every night of the week they show a Portuguese version of "The Price Is Right" - Well entertaining that is.

BUT we are getting our own back - It appears that Sky (love 'em) has bought the German Premier company and have changed it to a German version of Sky - World war 3 anyone:Smile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
europeans dont seem to take TV as seriously as the brits

No wonder have you ever watched German or French t.v. - BORING!

:Smile:

yep!!!! been there....done that!!!!

had to sit through this one new year in Hamburg.....
cult viewing in germany....

Link Removed

scroll to the script:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

guymid

Free Member
Jun 17, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I too have abondoned the tv cupboard above the dining table. I've mounted a 10" dropdown screen on the bottom side of that cupboard, and a 10" wall mounted DVD TV on the wall above the seats that back onto the shower. I've wired up the video/audio out of the DVD TV to the dropdown screen so that the output from the DVD will play on both screens. I've also added an infra-red emitter under the DVD TV so the speakers can be turned down and wireless headphones can be used.

We have three kids and this allows them to watch the TV above the opposite seats in comfort and with or without headphones. The headphones are useful for keeping my sanity on long trips while they watch Barney over and over!

The wall mounted TV is detatchable so that I can hide it away when parked. The dropdown is pretty much hidden by the shadow under the cupboard so it's permantently fixed.

The drop down screen is about £120, and the DVD TV is the MEOS one with built in battery, freeview and analgue TV for £200. The IR emitter was £20 and headphones £10 each. All the kit was from Ebay.

All in all I'm very pleased with it and it allows the kids to watch DVDs while travelling which appears impossible with other solutions I've seen in motorhomes. It seems that the concept of kids travelling in the back of motorhomes hasn't registered with manufacturers even on models where there are 4 seatbelts in the rear as with our fabulous Carioca 656s.

Next on my list is wiring in a £67 GPS tracker from Ebay which will be permanently wired in a hidden place and has a GSM pay as you go SIM card in. You can SMS text it at any time and it tells you the GPS position of the vehicle. You can also send it txt instructions to alert you if it moves etc. No annual subscription and I'll be able to tell police exactly where my motorhome is for retrieval if it gets nicked!

Guy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back