Water level indicator (1 Viewer)

Jul 27, 2011
Kilmun, Dunoon
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sport TI
Exp
Since 2012
Thought I would impart this experience. The water level indicator in my Elnagh Sleek is a very basic design with five self tapping screws screwed through the wall of the 100 litre plastic tank under one of the seats. Each screw has a wire attached which detects water by resistance across each screw immersed which in turn illuminates four LEDs on the panel. As the water level drops so the LED's go out. Our motorhoming is usually in warmer climes however we ventured north from the Costa Del Sol to a rather chilly Santiago del Compestela where it was down to 2 degrees C. This created the problem. The tank condensed on the outside even though it was inside the motorhome which created water droplets shorting out the water indicator screws giving erratic and incorrect water level indications. The problem was cured by a thorough drying and lagging the tank with baby nappies as a short term cure. I assume more modern motorhomes have lagged tanks.
atb

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Thought I would impart this experience. The water level indicator in my Elnagh Sleek is a very basic design with five self tapping screws screwed through the wall of the 100 litre plastic tank under one of the seats. Each screw has a wire attached which detects water by resistance across each screw immersed which in turn illuminates four LEDs on the panel. As the water level drops so the LED's go out. Our motorhoming is usually in warmer climes however we ventured north from the Costa Del Sol to a rather chilly Santiago del Compestela where it was down to 2 degrees C. This created the problem. The tank condensed on the outside even though it was inside the motorhome which created water droplets shorting out the water indicator screws giving erratic and incorrect water level indications. The problem was cured by a thorough drying and lagging the tank with baby nappies as a short term cure. I assume more modern motorhomes have lagged tanks.
atb
That's very helpful and sound advice. (y)

The problem was cured by a thorough drying and lagging the tank with baby nappies

Not sure about that however. A bit messy?? :(

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
best system is waste tank slightly smaller than the water tank when the waste doesnt run away its time to drop and fill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back