Free Member
Feb 8, 2015
Burnley
Funster No
MH
Majestic 155
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi folks, after having tonight's ferry to Bilbao cancelled and changing our plans and booking a site and tunnel crossing for tomorrow am we loaded up and got in the van but I turned the key and it wouldn't start, sat here waiting for RAC, do you think we weren't meant to Go?

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Oh blimey, what a pain! I really hope that the RAC can get you on the road in time, or get a good replacement travel date.....
Of course you're meant to go (just maybe not on that crossing...) AND you're meant to have a great time
Logo_Enjoy.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Its these events that make the better days even better :)

I am the master of flat batteries, had to be jump started 3 times in 3 years

Is it just a flat battery? Hopefully the RAC can tell and maybe even offer you a new battery, it made a big difference to me, I always thought it wasn't my fault (y)

Once you get going you will remember why you do it

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Hope you get sorted soon.

Have a great trip.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
It must be very frustrating for you, but I'm sure you'll soon be on your way. Have a great holiday.

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
This time next week you'll be well into your jollies, its just a little hiccup in the scheme of things, go enjoy(y)

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Only +ve thinking allowed. Have a great time when you eventually get going(y)

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
:D The times I've heard similar stories , you will be fine go and enjoy yourselves.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hi folks, after having tonight's ferry to Bilbao cancelled and changing our plans and booking a site and tunnel crossing for tomorrow am we loaded up and got in the van but I turned the key and it wouldn't start, sat here waiting for RAC, do you think we weren't meant to Go?
Of course you are meant to go, these are but tiny little hic ups on the road to the sunshine. It will be worth it.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
hopefully the delayed reply means you are fixed and departed

let this be the start of your holiday tales, keep us updated on progress, we are all with you in spirit :)

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
We know the feeling! Got the overnight ferry on Tues 29th. should have been to Roscoff but diverted to St Malo due to bad weather. No problem...actually makes it a shorter road journey for us.
Making good headway south on the motorway near Bordeaux and engine dies. Very scarey in middle lane!
Recovered from motorway by Rac. Engine restarts. Cannot spend night at garage so carefully drive round corner to commercial centre car park to spend night.
Next day Rac locate Fiat garage (Autototrail Apache on fiat Ducato)
Told to drive there for assessment. Break down 2 miles down road. Recovered again and taken to garage (2pm New Year's Eve)
Verdict is she needs a new injection pump . Part not available till at least Wed 6th.
Race provide hire car but we pay our own accommodation.
Spent few nights in hotels an have now got apartment in Bordeaux till Thurs. Hope she is all better and road worthy by then!
Expensive job and rather stressful as you can imagine!
Currently hoofing it down with rain and feeling bit deflated .
Hoping for sunny days ahead
The joys of motor homing ( had this van 4 years without a problem)

Adbt

Banned
May 19, 2015
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740 SE
Exp
Happened to us years ago , got delayed by 48 hrs but still went and had time of our lives , enjoy !

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hope all goes well soon and you can resume your travels , at least the cakes and wine are a good pick me up!!

OP
OP
Kevingrc

Kevingrc

Free Member
Feb 8, 2015
Burnley
Funster No
MH
Majestic 155
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks for all your kind words, yes we're away now, got to Ashford late last night then on train this morning and now at Tours, feel bad whining after reading what @Jandek is going through, hope you get sorted OK jandek, take care Kevin & Lynn.

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
Thank you. Better day today. Afternoon in Bordeaux even if a bit wet. Been to supermarket too so essentials replenished! Wishing trouble free travels to all. Where are heading Kevin and Lynne ?

OP
OP
Kevingrc

Kevingrc

Free Member
Feb 8, 2015
Burnley
Funster No
MH
Majestic 155
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi jandek we're heading to Benidorm, probably be there Thursday or Friday depending if we encounter any decent weather on the way.

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
We are going there too. Staying at Almafra. Booked in from 2nd but will prob be 9th by time get there. Weather 4 cast lots of rain over next few days. Take care. May get to meet you some day

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
We are a united front to get through this. Faced worse things over the past 40 years together!

And just think whatever you are miles better than been flooded out here. ;) enjoy the experience.

Nov 2, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC, S&L Iveco
Exp
45 years
What was the problem in the end please.

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
And just think whatever you are miles better than been flooded out here. ;) enjoy the experience.
We were only saying that yesterday. Feel so sorry for those people. Was reading all the stories In paper re insurance etc or lack of it.
We have been inconvenienced and it has cost us a bit, but in the grand scheme of things we are lucky. We are safe ... That is the main thing.

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
Hope you sort it quick and then have a great trip. I thought we were going to have problems when I started to get ready for Morocco. Turned on the electric's to find we had no display therefore no electric's 2 sleepless nights bright idea 3 am Sorted !! what's going to happen next? THE JOYS OF MOTORHOMING !! :wine::swear2::party:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Isn't all part of the rich tapestry of life? Ours has a few frayed bits, a few bits I would rather weren't there, and a few I can't really remember anymore, but mostly, we sit back and gaze at it and realise, on the whole, we are still having a good time

OP
OP
Kevingrc

Kevingrc

Free Member
Feb 8, 2015
Burnley
Funster No
MH
Majestic 155
Exp
I'm a newbie
Look forward to it
What was the problem in the end please.
Hi Ranger a bit embarrassed but it was a flat battery, not even a duff one, I was under the impression that if on hook up it kept both batteries topped up but I am a newbie, don't tell anyone else on here will you cheers

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back