Just saying hello (1 Viewer)

Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
Hi everyone. Have just joined the forum. Am looking to buy a MH later this year, having previously toured Europe for a couple of years in 2003/5. That was our first experience of motorhoming and we absolutely loved it, maybe because we emigrated from the UK at the same time! Just to make life complicated. We had a Hymer B584 and have always wished we could have held on to it.

Anyway, planning to get back in soon. We now live in Crete so I'm a little nervous about how easy it is going to be to find the right MH. We certainly won't find anything here. We want a used LHD, so I was thinking the best choice will be in Germany. Any thoughts appreciated. Andrew.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hello and welcome.

I agree your best choice will be to go to Germany or Belgium. We imported a used German van into the UK last summer p, using lots of advice and guidance from this forum. No idea how easy or difficult it is to register in
Greece though.

Good luck in your search and look forward to hearing about your future adventures.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Andrew, welcome to MotorhomeFun,
Good luck in your search.
Brisey.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Hi Andrew, we used to live in Crete and go back regularly for usually 8/10 weeks at a time often in the motorhome. Whereabouts are you in Crete?
welcome animated smiley.gif

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome ! Happy new year!

OP
OP
acropolis22
Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
Hi Andrew, we used to live in Crete and go back regularly for usually 8/10 weeks at a time often in the motorhome. Whereabouts are you in Crete?
View attachment 88148
Hi. We live in NE Crete, on the coast at a place called Milatos. About half way between Ag Nikolaos and Heraklion. When are you next back here? Andrew

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Hi. We live in NE Crete, on the coast at a place called Milatos. About half way between Ag Nikolaos and Heraklion. When are you next back here? Andrew
Know it well. We have often stayed in Sissi and popped down to Milatos, in fact we were there in October. We are due back around May ish. We have an apartment in Mavros Kolimbos which is about 4 klms outside Makri Gialos on the Ierapetra side. Good luck with your motorhome search. Keep posting and let us know how you get on.

OP
OP
acropolis22
Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
Love that picture!:)

Spent 4 months on Crete when younger in an old Vdub van ..loved it!

have a look on classified section on here plenty of vans available including mine:oops:

Eddie
Thanks, had a quick look last night. Mostly RHD I think, unfortunately. Will persevere though. Andrew

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Hi Andrew and a big welcome from Portugal,good luck with your search for a new van.

jjj trippin

Free Member
Jan 4, 2016
leeds
Funster No
MH
x230 low profile
Exp
new
Hello! My mate was showing me german eBay and I think gumtree on nye and there's good deals to be had there right now, winter discount etc we just got our 1st, can't wait to get out in it! Good hunting!

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Hi there and welcome to MHF(y)
Brian & Jo

jjj trippin

Free Member
Jan 4, 2016
leeds
Funster No
MH
x230 low profile
Exp
new
Hello! My mate was showing me german eBay there's deals to be had there I think prices are a touch lower,happy hunting!

OP
OP
acropolis22
Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
Hello! My mate was showing me german eBay there's deals to be had there I think prices are a touch lower,happy hunting!
Thanks, I hadn't thought of it, but I had ruled out buying privately, UK or Germany. Will take a look though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back