Dumb bum needs help with phone (1 Viewer)

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
My phone is nothing special. It doesn't loop the loop, it's a "Alcatel onetouch" Just a simple phone for a dumb bum like me.:love:
Anyway I've been looking at it recently (when all else fails! read the instructions!) AND somehow or other, while fiddling with it (the phone!!) I got this little icon come up, it's a letter E:doh:
Looking through the Bumff it tells me that it means "the edge is connected"
Questions!
1. What the hell is "the edge"?
2. How do I get rid if it?

I've taken another squizz through the "instructions" and apart from telling me what the "E" means there's no further mention of "the edge"

I can't ask young Sammy :notworthy2:because he's away up to practice at the Veledrome in Newport.

HEEEEEEELLLPP!!!:pray2:

Reactions: f6c

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Step back! Don't get too close to the edge before someone comes along who knows what the hell your typing about! Sorry I'm not that typist. (n) :LOL:

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
It means you have a reeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaalllllllllly sloooooooooooooooooooow internet conection :eek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
If you don't like it either go somewhere where the reception is better (!) or turn off 'mobile data' ......... that will do it :)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
It is the speed of the data connection you are connected to, they are in order of speed:-

GPRS
Edge
3G
H
H+
4G

To get rid of it just turn off mobile data.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
It is the speed of the data connection you are connected to, they are in order of speed:-

GPRS
Edge
3G
H
H+
4G

To get rid of it just turn off mobile data.

There lies the problem, it's not 4G, instead it's 4G lte. What I want to know is why the government are letting them all get away with calling it something it is simply not. Careful, I'm in grouch mood today, because we are setting off home, from being way, again, again.:mad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back