Covert Grey Water Disposal Device (1 Viewer)

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Inspired by @Techno100 and his postings on motorhome improvements and modifications, I have come up with a brilliant new concept.
We all know that grey water doesn't really do any harm and that much of the issue is down to bad PR.
Therefore, I am working on a grey water dump valve which uses a photocell to sense when it is night time.
When it is dark and nobody can see, the valve opens and discharges the grey water quite discretely!
No more trips to the service point, and more time to drink beer! What's not to like?

Coming to an accessory dealer near to you soon!

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I'm thinking of taking my valve off altogether as I never close it and it will save weight to be able to carry more wine for SWMBO. I do like your idea but think mine will also save money for more wine for SWMBO.
:reel:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
In fact I did offer to donate my body to medical science to provide extra cash to buy SWMBO wine when I died.........
She said why wait that long do it now :eek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
... donate my body to medical science ... when I died......... She said why wait that long do it now
Great idea.
Now that's not friendly @Chris
smiley-wagging-his-finger-saying-no-emoticon.gif

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Inspired by @Techno100 and his postings on motorhome improvements and modifications, I have come up with a brilliant new concept.
We all know that grey water doesn't really do any harm and that much of the issue is down to bad PR.
Therefore, I am working on a grey water dump valve which uses a photocell to sense when it is night time.
When it is dark and nobody can see, the valve opens and discharges the grey water quite discretely!
No more trips to the service point, and more time to drink beer! What's not to like?

So long as you can keep the cost to below £500 I'd be interested. On the other hand I might just rely on my magic bucket. ;)

Paul

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
I'm thinking of taking my valve off altogether as I never close it and it will save weight to be able to carry more wine for SWMBO. I do like your idea but think mine will also save money for more wine for SWMBO.
Why not take the grey tank out and replace it with a Wine or Beer tank?

Then you could fit another pump and have Wine or Beer on tap!

Sorted!!!

:cooler:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging

Very easy & cheap to do on a lot of vans that have the electric dump valve & only about 40 quid for the valve if you don't have one.:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I thought I read somewhere that in France the local Police Municipal have stared spreading the surface of aires with a clear chemical which turns bright red when it detects the fats, soap scum and washing up detritus in grey water dumped from motorhomes being discharged on it so they can clamp the offending vehicle and impose an on the spot 1000 euro fine before releasing it. It may be that Germay will take up the idea too, but instead of imposing fines they will be confiscating motorhomes and using them to ease their migrant housing problem.

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
You guys certainly pay the price for having such poorly equipped outfits.
Grey water tank indeed! A left-over from the Ark?
When I pull the plug on my sink all the water drains out of it - simples - I've not yet worked out where it goes, probably electronically vapourised back into H and O, but I clearly have a more sophisticated drainage system to those you're discussing. Seems a bit daft to drive around with several gallons of dirty water sloshing around underneath you.
When I get back I'll take a few pics of the underside of my camper and maybe you might like to do a bit of DIY on yours.

I've always tried to use cutting edge technology even if it is way ahead of the masses. :)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
The one with the hole in the bottom?

I hate it when someone tells you how it's done, up until now I really thought it was a "Magic Bucket"; Help me @JJ you must know somebody who can help.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I thought I read somewhere that in France the local Police Municipal have stared spreading the surface of aires with a clear chemical which turns bright red when it detects the fats, soap scum and washing up detritus in grey water dumped from motorhomes being discharged on it so they can clamp the offending vehicle and impose an on the spot 1000 euro fine before releasing it. It may be that Germay will take up the idea too, but instead of imposing fines they will be confiscating motorhomes and using them to ease their migrant housing problem.
bit like the water in the pool turning bright orange if you pee in the pool this could be just like a gassing thread :yawn:

Zoppydog

Deceased RIP
Jul 19, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
Since 2013
We have some black corrugated pipe that we use if we/I cant quite get the van over a grey waste hole, on site not on the road i mean.
Some sites encourage you to water their hedges/trees with waste water so again the pipe comes in useful,rolls up small and very light...
Chris

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
a 3" drain pipe soon fills a bucket,so not a good idea, even with a hole in it.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........

Great idea, until then I will just use the "mark one eyeball" and see when it's dark and pull the plug.........

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Next you need to develop one for the toilet cassette.

Imagine the time you would save not having to empty that all the time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back