Swift Royale Water Pump Switch (1 Viewer)

Baker69

Free Member
Jul 12, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
Exp
6 Months
Hi all,

If anyone out there has one of the older Swifts with the Panel Systems Ltd's control panel, the rocker switch for the water pump is a 3 position switch, the central position is for off, if you push to the right it turns the pump on, but what is the 3rd position i.e. the push to the left position? :Confused:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
it could be for an external pump socket....to pump fill your fresh water tank from a container.

or it could do nowt.:RollEyes:

if you can remove the panel just have a look at the wiring on the switch.:thumb:

OP
OP
B

Baker69

Free Member
Jul 12, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
Exp
6 Months
I'll have to have a look to see if it is wired up, I'm pretty sure I'll find it isn't.

Yes, our Caravan used to have an external socket in order to fill the toilet flush with fresh water, it was really useful. There isn't one on the Swift, however when you open the Water Filler Cap there is a circular blanking plate or something immediately above the filler hole and I can imagine such a socket being fitted there on some MH's?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Our Caravan had the same type then.

I have a spare CarverThames pump somewhere so I could make one.

worth doing in my opinion.
when you get back with the water it aint easy getting it in unless you use a watering can....over and over again.

i made the mistake of using the wrong size container and the pump wouldnt fit in the container.....having no watering can i had to remove the dinnete seat and pour it in to the tank through the large inspection cover inside the van...never again...sooner go thirsty:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B

Baker69

Free Member
Jul 12, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
Exp
6 Months
I agree, initially we tried filling the tank directly from a Jerry can, very messy and only about half the water went in the tank, half on the floor! At the moment we fill the tank directly from a hose connected to a tap.

I think it's a little project to consider when we've got back off our next adventure. :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back