sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
There have been one or two threads with people trying to find manuals and inevitably if they are lucky finding a PDF online. Now I like PDF's because they are searchable on my laptop when looking for a specific issue and also as they are easy to store and have on hand, even on your phone or tablet. But sometimes a paper book is what you want to browse and PDF's just dont cut it. My new Flair came with a printed manual and a CD which comprised the latest status and included sections on equipment that were not in the printed version supplied. It was 830 pages of PDF.
So I googled around and found this company and got a bespoke printed one off black and white loose leaf ring binder copy for £70!!! from my PDF.
https://www.doxdirect.com/?utm_source=customers&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mistletoe
I have no affiliation but it seemed a good deal to me and I was reminded with an email from them today offering 20% discount! So I thought I would share it.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If its something you really need probably not bad, but I can't see much point with a Motorhome manual, most of it is common sense, only ever looked at a few pages in mine. I suppose to some extent it depends how practical you are.

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
If its something you really need probably not bad, but I can't see much point with a Motorhome manual, most of it is common sense, only ever looked at a few pages in mine. I suppose to some extent it depends how practical you are.
And the quality of the manual, and if you prefer pressing loads of buttons on the off chance you get it right without screwing something up in process? I spend more time fixing my wifes tablet, because "she did not touch anything it just did it by itself"

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
There have been one or two threads with people trying to find manuals and inevitably if they are lucky finding a PDF online. Now I like PDF's because they are searchable on my laptop when looking for a specific issue and also as they are easy to store and have on hand, even on your phone or tablet. But sometimes a paper book is what you want to browse and PDF's just dont cut it. My new Flair came with a printed manual and a CD which comprised the latest status and included sections on equipment that were not in the printed version supplied. It was 830 pages of PDF.
So I googled around and found this company and got a bespoke printed one off black and white loose leaf ring binder copy for £70!!! from my PDF.
https://www.doxdirect.com/?utm_source=customers&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mistletoe
I have no affiliation but it seemed a good deal to me and I was reminded with an email from them today offering 20% discount! So I thought I would share it.
Thanks for that, they do colour as well. As an example, twenty five colour pages in A4 a shade under eight pounds. I could have an album of my holiday snaps made up!

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Thanks for that, they do colour as well. As an example, twenty five colour pages in A4 a shade under eight pounds. I could have an album of my holiday snaps made up!

No smug selfies please!:Eeek:

Reactions: DBK

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I like PDF's as well, but tend to find what I want, and if need be print out just the relevant pages
That way if it gets covered in sh!te, rained on,blows away or what ever all I have lost is a couple of sheets of paper :)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
I like PDF's as well, but tend to find what I want, and if need be print out just the relevant pages
That way if it gets covered in sh!te, rained on,blows away or what ever all I have lost is a couple of sheets of paper :)
Anything important I always scan and save as a PDF, but why is it the important one that I need urgently is always the one I forgot to scan.:D

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Anything important I always scan and save as a PDF, but why is it the important one that I need urgently is always the one I forgot to scan.:D
Cos that is very firmly in the realm of Murphy's Law !!!!

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
This is the one I have
Amazon product ASIN B00146E7C6But there is a newer model apparently but its not wireless only Bluetooth:-
Amazon product ASIN B004VKZSUWI have had mine for must be 6 years now and your enquiry made me check it out, and there are quite a few options now. I want wireless though so it is networked through my MH router. Let me know what you choose in the current market

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Thank you. I also want wireless and/or via USB from my laptop. Being a Luddite I don't use a tablet, smartphone or bluetooth. I know I'll have to before long but not quite yet.....
I've got a VERY old mobile printer that I haven't used for about 15 years. I plugged it in the other day and it seemed to be fine mechanically (made all the right noises!) but so far I haven't been able to find any inks for it. It doesn't run off a battery either, and that would be very handy.
The Epson looks good.

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Do read the reviews, having now done so I will look more closely. Maybe pop down to Staples and get a demo?

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
I think that will be one of my "jobs to do" when we get home...

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
I have a HP450 portable printer I picked up on eBay a few years ago for £30, if not using it much battery charge lasts for months.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back