Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Left site this morning after a few days away feeling suitably refreshed.

Driving up the motorway I became aware of the sensation of fresh air streaming into the van.

Isabel had forgotten to close the roof vent:xdoh:.

Pulled over in a sort of extended hard shoulder area and hurriedly closed it and set off again.

About 5 miles later started getting toots from cars alerting me to the side of the van.

Sure enough Isabel had forgotten to lock the side locker and it had opened completely exposing the leisure battery, our levellers some wellie boots and other bits and pieces.

Luckily due to my skilled driving I was able to prevent anything falling out until I could pull into the services and lock it. I was doing 50 mph for about 20 miles before I could pull over.

The moral of the story of course is to check these items yourself rather than trust them to a woman:xgrin:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Every day's a school day as Bev says

Slightly confused why you stopped for the skylight and not the locker?

I despatch Bev to close skylights left open :whistle: and fridge door if we forget to lock it (again) promising not to do anything other than drive in a straight line :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Chris

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Every day's a school day as Bev says

Slightly confused why you stopped for the skylight and not the locker?

I despatch Bev to close skylights left open :whistle: and fridge door if we forget to lock it (again) promising not to do anything other than a straight line :)

The locker opened after I had closed the skylight. There was no way I was going to pull onto the hard shoulder and close a drivers side locker.

Come to think of it though I could have got Isabel to do it:xgrin:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i hope she does not read posts on this site or you will be in right "bother"!

we have designated areas . i'm outside ; she is inside; :whistle: its surprising what you take for granted when you've not been away in a while :oops:

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Sorry Chris, but there is only one person to blame for these issues

Isabel !

Maybe a notice before legal action (divorce) or a good stiff talking too would resolve her unforgivable oversights

Good job you're not an airline pilot!

JFD

Apr 9, 2015
Crawley Down, West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Aventura G730
Exp
since 2014!
One of the first 'proper' applications I found for an 'intelligent' mobile phone was to make a motor home checklist. Takes seconds to run through just before setting off, and any embarrassed silence from either side of the cab calls for a re-check!!!

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Left site this morning after a few days away feeling suitably refreshed.

Driving up the motorway I became aware of the sensation of fresh air streaming into the van.

Isabel had forgotten to close the roof vent:xdoh:.

Pulled over in a sort of extended hard shoulder area and hurriedly closed it and set off again.

About 5 miles later started getting toots from cars alerting me to the side of the van.

Sure enough Isabel had forgotten to lock the side locker and it had opened completely exposing the leisure battery, our levellers some wellie boots and other bits and pieces.

Luckily due to my skilled driving I was able to prevent anything falling out until I could pull into the services and lock it. I was doing 50 mph for about 20 miles before I could pull over.

The moral of the story of course is to check these items yourself rather than trust them to a woman:xgrin:
Chris, once again, you're gonna need a good lawyer.

If you survive, that is............

P.S. I have never, ever left a locker door or vent open when setting off. Ever.......

I also do fantastic fry ups...:pinocchio:

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
We have a laminated list....... but then I have 'lists' for everything !! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
ps; dont tell her i suggested that... please:censored:

OP
OP
Chris

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Chris - if you were my partner you'd be a dead man!!!:xangry:

I don't do skylights (I can't reach - I'm too short). I can't do lockers because my fingers are too small so I just NAG until I'm sure they're done.:eek:

Poor Isabel

She got her own back just now.

I posted this thread in the curry house to be collected at 6:45pm.

I stand outside at 6:45 ( in the rain) and no sign.

At 6:50 I call and ask where she is and she thought it was a 7:15 pick up:xdoh:

As I told my sympathetic daughter when I was eventually collected, I felt like the last kid at school to be collected.

:xgrin:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
dont you just hate it when they do that?

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
This locker thingy is catching, mine opened recently and I lost a 25metre cable and boots.....somewhere on the M4....sadly I was alone and therefor unable to vent my anger on anyone save Kath 's knitted Bertie. As you can see he has turned to the bottle big style
20151201_093542.jpg

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Our departure routine from anywhere is as follows:
1. Wife says very loudly "are you getting up" whilst making a coffee very loudly.
2. I grumble a lot, stumble out of bed, get dressed etc. and make breakfast.
3. Breakfast is enjoyed, dog is taken for a short walk.
4. I wander around van checking everything is stowed.
5. I say to wife, is everything away in the bathroom? Yes she replies, so I go in to the bathroom close the toilet seat, take everything off the shelves and put it away.
6. In retaliation wife says, have you done everything? Yes I reply. And we drive off.
7. 2 miles down the road wife will say "Is the TV aerial still up?"
8. After pulling out of the lay by we just stopped in to put the TV aerial down, wife will ask "Is the gas still on?" just after we get to 30 mph.
9. After pulling out of the second lay by we continue on our journey :D

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Our departure routine from anywhere is as follows:
1. Wife says very loudly "are you getting up" whilst making a coffee very loudly.
2. I grumble a lot, stumble out of bed, get dressed etc. and make breakfast.
3. Breakfast is enjoyed, dog is taken for a short walk.
4. I wander around van checking everything is stowed.
5. I say to wife, is everything away in the bathroom? Yes she replies, so I go in to the bathroom close the toilet seat, take everything off the shelves and put it away.
6. In retaliation wife says, have you done everything? Yes I reply. And we drive off.
7. 2 miles down the road wife will say "Is the TV aerial still up?"
8. After pulling out of the lay by we just stopped in to put the TV aerial down, wife will ask "Is the gas still on?" just after we get to 30 mph.
9. After pulling out of the second lay by we continue on our journey :D

Got a serious case of the deja vu out of that post:LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back