I'm not wearing that when we get the scooter, she said! (1 Viewer)

davidcrossland

Free Member
Dec 22, 2015
Croydon
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
none
My partner is very keen we get our planned Piaggio MP3 500 but seems to be on another planet (compared to me) when it comes to what to wear.

So, for those of you with lady passengers, apart from a good helmet, what does (or should) a lady wear on the back of a scooter?

Fashion tips and particular brands/syles are most welcome! lol

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
We try to match each other when ever possible I think it looks cool
here we are together
Sex_doesnt_sell_5 (1).jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
davidcrossland

davidcrossland

Free Member
Dec 22, 2015
Croydon
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
none
Bike or trike Elaine will only wear danise jacket and trousers
And she is the driest after a down pour
Expensive but good stuff
Hi Peter,

Thanks, that's very helpful. As there is quite a range, can you tell me which one she's got?

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Anthing from the d-dry range is good quality and very warm it olso has zip in out body warmers
Plus all body armour is removable this is what we do when on trike
but it all goes back in when on bike
Be carful what you buy all this industry is rife with leathal Chinese copy's

Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
davidcrossland

davidcrossland

Free Member
Dec 22, 2015
Croydon
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
none
Anthing from the d-dry range is good quality and very warm it olso has zip in out body warmers
Plus all body armour is removable this is what we do when on trike
but it all goes back in when on bike
Be carful what you buy all this industry is rife with leathal Chinese copy's

Broken Link Removed

They look really good Peter. I've shown them to Sheila and she likes them. Thanks for sharing.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
As already mentioned, decent quality textiles .. I would urge you NOT to buy anything on the internet.
Why ? Same reason as I never ever sold bike related clothing on any of my web sites..
A poorly fitting clothing item is at least as dangerous as none at all !
By all means search the net and see exactly what you want, but then go to a shop to buy the gear so you can try it on and ensure it all fits properly

OP
OP
davidcrossland

davidcrossland

Free Member
Dec 22, 2015
Croydon
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
none
Thanks for the offer CWH but my partner doesn't like red!!! And she's not even from Yorkshire, as I am. Sorry!

Reactions: CWH

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
All that heavy bike kits gonna look a bit weird on a scooter especially if you're gonna use it abroad in the summer.
You'll die from over heating not falling off. :xrofl:

Seriously though you really don't want leather, rubbish in the wet and too hot in the heat.
Modern textiles are amazing Revit is my choice but honestly for a scooter you don't need to spend that kind of money.
Just ride and enjoy.:xThumb:

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Unless you intend going long distances you wont need Gore-tex. Held are very good
You do need to try them on (especially women!!!)
Go and have a look here, they seem to have a good range.

Broken Link Removed

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
To get that picture above I googled Biker Chic and this is what came up first........

.....Not quite what I imagined........
up-Q6PD9S8TK0I7B07L.jpg

Fayetteville Biker Chick

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Even coming off a scooter at 20 mph onto a rough surface is enough to rip your skin off, coming off any faster can cause severe injury. So better plan for that kind of scenario.

tmp_17704-my-leg1196727266.jpg

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
As already mentioned, decent quality textiles .. I would urge you NOT to buy anything on the internet.
Why ? Same reason as I never ever sold bike related clothing on any of my web sites..
A poorly fitting clothing item is at least as dangerous as none at all !
By all means search the net and see exactly what you want, but then go to a shop to buy the gear so you can try it on and ensure it all fits properly

I second the above ! Best way to buy is to go on the bike to the shop if possible. Then sort out the kit and actually sit on the bike just to make sure it fits and everything is where it should be when sat on the bike .

There are some really good quality textiles out there and consider or look at some of the well sorted protective jeans Jeans are more comfortable than textile trousers so they may just be worth looking at.

Dainese make some of the most stylish and well made bike kit money can buy. I have two sets of leathers from my racing days and they have survived a couple of offs with little damage.

One area I am particularly fussy about is gloves. The hands are usually very prone and easy to contact if you get unlucky.... Worth a thought ! (n)

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
DO NOT buy a a Belstaff trialsmaster,As I used to wear in the 60's.
Belstaff might have a fashion name nowadays but they are greasy slimy things that a Lady might cross roads to get away from. They are the reason Greasers are so called. She might just see the name and think countrywear and fashion got to be nice. Just do not.

Jan 10, 2012
London
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbe
My good lady wife and I use the Bike off the back of the MH through out Europe in summer. I agree with others go to a shop (there's lots about) and try the cloths on. We wear Kevlar lined jeans over shorts, and a quality jacket with armour, "T" shirt under, and don't forget a quality pair of gloves.
When we arrive at our tourist spot we take the jeans, jacket and gloves off and lock the jeans and jacket to the bike with a long steal hawser/padlock. That way we stay safe on the bike(whilst moving the air keeps you coolish) and cool when we get off. In the top box we put helmets and gloves and take out the ruck sack with out days food, etc in.
As others have said don't buy leather cloths, they are too hot.
Al so consider foot wear flip flops are a nono on a bike but you can change at your destination !
Hope this helps.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
DO NOT buy a a Belstaff trialsmaster,As I used to wear in the 60's.
Belstaff might have a fashion name nowadays but they are greasy slimy things that a Lady might cross roads to get away from. They are the reason Greasers are so called. She might just see the name and think countrywear and fashion got to be nice. Just do not.

Greasers didn't wear Belstaff, we wore leather jackets, preferable with some chain attached. :xgrin:

Ian

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Greasers didn't wear Belstaff, we wore leather jackets, preferable with some chain attached. :xgrin:

Ian
Greasers wore Belstaff and rockers wore leather and got wet. Everthing I owned was covered in Black slime from them and the trousers, still got wet and in winter could not bend arms and legs as they were solid when cold.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back