Looting Flooded Homes (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Who on earth are these people, well sadly they represent a strata of society that we do not wish to identify with. Do we really need the army to police empty homes?
I was in Sri Lanka after the tsunami and discovered that even the homes of the poorest people were ransacked while the owners searched for their loved ones.
Alan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
And to make it worse flooded cars in Littleborough have been given
Parking tickets :Eeek:

Some brainless insensitive jobsworth!

No leave the insensitive out,
No sense involved at all!
Seconded. Where are these people recruited and who gives them the parameters they work to? Sadly I'm sure someone will be along to attempt to justify this ridiculous action. Britain 21st century, at a time when the country is displaying it's best traits corporate stupidity makes me weep.

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
And to make it worse flooded cars in Littleborough have been given
Parking tickets :Eeek:

Some brainless insensitive jobsworth!

No leave the insensitive out,
No sense involved at all!
Whoever did that is pure scum, and should be sacked on the spot.

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
they looted the corpses at Lockerbie , some people i guess are driven by forces that most of us do not understand ,when you are hungry and have little or nothing to loose , social responsibility does not exist . But as for the parking warden !!!! , is walking the plank now illegal ?

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
they looted the corpses at Lockerbie , some people i guess are driven by forces that most of us do not understand ,when you are hungry and have little or nothing to loose , social responsibility does not exist . But as for the parking warden !!!! , is walking the plank now illegal ?

I'm not so sure hunger comes into it. Most theft is driven by drug use. And just a low-life mentality of " I come first, what I want, I have"

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I was reading this morning that many motorcycle clubs are patrolling the areas at night, with the agreement of police, to prevent this happening.

It doesn't help that insurance companies are stating that unless they see the damaged/ruined goods they won't pay out , so all white/electrical goods being dumped outside are at risk due to scrap value .

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I'm not so sure hunger comes into it. Most theft is driven by drug use. And just a low-life mentality of " I come first, what I want, I have"

Precisely......A junkie don't have a conscience. I see it is the season of good will on here :)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Theas incidents are bad enough with out thieving scum looting the property's.
When we had the floods two years ago there was a certain section of the community steeling from homes that had ben flooded.
Theas people have no conscience at any time they will steel anything that isn't chained down from your garden.
they are the scourge of the earth and should be disposed of like the vermin they are
BILL

Oct 2, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866f
Exp
Since 2014
I heard the story about looters in Hebden on Monday and jumped in the car to sit outside my store.
On approach the town was in black out with no electricity, very eerie indeed. I turned into the square where my shop is to be greeted by street lighting and the Christmas tree lights on, most bizarre sight in a week of bizarre sights. I checked my electricity and it was still off so sat down for a long night.
Within minutes a guy walked past the shop, stopped and shone a touch through the window then went to the next window and did the same. By this time I am heading across the Square toward him wondering what the hell I am going to do next.
Comically it turned out to be the guy who lives in the flat above the shop checking on what damage had been done!!
We had a walk round the town together using his touch, really the difference between street lighting (something we all take for granted) and no lighting whatsoever is incredible. He even offered to power our store through dangling an extension lead from his window, and re-assured me that any noise from below would be reported to the police.
I went home totally re-assured.
Later a group of bikers from Bradford offered to patrol the town through the night to keep everything safe, which they did. Yes it was terrible that someone thought they were entitled to thieve, but the good people in this community far outweighs them.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Theas incidents are bad enough with out thieving scum looting the property's.
When we had the floods two years ago there was a certain section of the community steeling from homes that had ben flooded.
Theas people have no conscience at any time they will steel anything that isn't chained down from your garden.
they are the scourge of the earth and should be disposed of like the vermin they are
BILL

Blimey...How was the turkey Bill?:)

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Until I see proof of homes being broken into and possessions being stolen, then to me it resembles a gassing thread..

I can believe that people would loot - not that I agree with it but temptation is great when there is so much chaos.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Rochdale councillors have made an announcement waiving any tickets that have been issued by their traffic
wardenS !!!!
so there was more than one of the senseless *******s
I also think they should name and shame the heartless b#';ds ticketing flooded car poor sods had moor to worry abut Theas wardens are morons
bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back