Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
St.Agnes Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
6 years
I've tried Tomtom, Garmin and one I shan't name but was expensive and less than useless, I want a GPS that is large enough to read comfortably with my "poorer" than it has been in the past, ...65+ eyesight. When I'm on the road and driving I want a GPS that is easy to read and accurate, a Motorhome or large truck is ideal, but they don't always do what it says on the tin. I have been in some very, very tight spots.

This has been recommended

Garmin StreetPilot 7200 if any one has experience of this or others and has views like, does it work? Help with this will be much appreciated. UK and western Europe is ideal.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
might be better of with a tablet and a co pilot or similar app that way you can go up to a 12inch screen theres bracketry around to fix any tablet in the van

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
I use the Garmin Dezl 760LM. 7" screen and is easy to read with loud clear verbal instructions. Designed as a truck satnav so you can enter length, height, width and weight. You can also add multiple vehicles ie. MH + trailer with dimensions. Changes at junctions to show a picture as you see it with signage and the road you want highlighted.

It will avoid traffic and may route you a slightly longer way to avoid problem locations.

With any satnav you have the option to ignore it if you think you know better.

GWG

Free Member
Oct 15, 2015
Paignton, Devon
Funster No
MH
C. Bessacarr 496
Exp
2 years (40 years Caravan)
We use Navmii (free app) on an IPad, so 10" screen.
Set on "Truck" as we are 4.25t. It routes around all the tight spots. Set on toll free, we just arrived in Beni today, after leaving Tunnel on Sunday, it worked a treat. Easy to see, easy to use.
Even takes you off and on the "peage" south of Bordeaux, to miss the Toll Booths. We also have an "caravan&motorhome" Satnav. An Aguri, heavily advertised in the C&CC Mag. It's Rubbish. We just use that for the camera and don't bother with the Satnav, as going "toll free" confuses the hell out of it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
I gave up on Tom Tom after my all Europe box became a 1/3 Europe box because the stupid thing did not have the memory to keep up to date. On the motorhome and Bongo my main unit is a 7 inch truch unit bought from Ebay from Juggling Frogs, been using it for nearly 3 years and apart from occasional brain freezes has done well and I still get e-mail support from the seller. My back up is a 7 inch tablet with Sygic car version, which is not too bad.

Regrettably as far as I can see there is no satnav that does not really depend on some ability to manipulate files on a computer.

In the car I use a Garmin which is OK as long as you have a postcode or full street address, otherwise it can take a bit of fiddling. For example it will not just direct you to the town centre, unless you know its postcode or street.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back