Dump black water near York (1 Viewer)

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
St Georges Field car park, near the Law Courts, has public toilets.................... If its not flooded!!!!!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I would check for flooding in and around york before you go.
An awful lot of the city is under 3 or 4ft of flood water.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Yes, aware of the floods, moved to York recently and I need a dump point not cassette emptying.

Only other choice seems to be to book in somewhere as I can't get anyone at Boroughbridge C &Cc site to answer the phone ( they may be flooded)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
St Georges Field car park, near the Law Courts, has public toilets.................... If its not flooded!!!!!
I'm sure I recall a thread on here some time ago from somebody who got a ticket there after ignoring No Motorhome signs :)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I would think at the moment it's not going to make any difference if you just dump it in the floods , because if you put it in the sewers it's only going to come out again

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
The Lysander Arms, opposite Tesco at Clifton Moor perhaps xroll:
Have had to book in - ÂŁ24 a night ! So sorted if at some expense. Will keep trying Boroughbridge because for ÂŁ7 I can spend three hours and just sort it out. Problem is it is a new vehicle and this will be the first time I have had to empty it so want to be able to take my time and make sure I get it right.

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
ÂŁ24 for the Lysander Arms, they have certainly hiked the prices since I was last there, convenient place for shopping and town but at that price, good luck with Boroughbridge, ÂŁ7 is also the reason I am a member of the C and CC.

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
ÂŁ24 for the Lysander Arms, they have certainly hiked the prices since I was last there, convenient place for shopping and town but at that price, good luck with Boroughbridge, ÂŁ7 is also the reason I am a member of the C and CC.
Just can't get them to answer the phone - not sure of they are flooded perhaps. Will try again tomorrow.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Looking for somewhere to dump our black water tank

Isn't that a cassette??:doh:

I need a dump point not cassette emptying.

I'm sure I recall a thread on here some time ago from somebody who got a ticket there after ignoring No Motorhome signs :)

Not a NO MOTOR HOME sign - It was my arse end that was to big:xgrin:
I wouldn't be parking any way ----- I'd be unloading:xThumb:

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Sorry ---- Do you have a specific toilet tank? If not its called a grey water tank, any street drain is OK for that

Deleted User
Lysander pitches are hedged in and not that big, you might struggle getting something your size on. All the pitches are serviced though, if you can get hold of them and explain your predicament they might allow you to just park along the pitches and dump as long as you have a pipe for a smaller fee.
They do very good food in the pub.

Lin :)

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
42 (US) GALLONS. at full!!!!. THAT is an awful lot of SH 1 TEE!!!!.

An equal amount of "grey" too!!.

Aw! Poo!!

Now, I had (Have somewhere) a Pair of very large "T" handles just the right size for lifting manhole covers. which we used when setting up for Rallies. There are a lot of very quiet "Trading Estates" most place these days????????????. Sunday? Very early?.

Pete

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Was going to say just drop it in the fast flowing sewage that is there at the moment, but that much would be too mucky to get out into.
There are Coach drop-points at some Motorway service area but they charge for it, They are like a large smelly grid in the roadway in the coachstop area and you release with a remote switch when the dump is right over it, would not like to have to stand there or it might be4 like Robin William's fate.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back