Trickle charge/fridge wattage. (1 Viewer)

Kanberlingo

Free Member
May 18, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
10yrs. & 20yrs towing.
I've recently received from British Gas an energy monitor FOC. So having set it up, I was surprised at the increase in wattage showing on the gauge when I plug the MH in to the mains prior to going away, ie cool the fridge etc.

With the MH unconnected to the house mains & nothing of significance switched on, I get a reading of app. 131 watts of background energy being used, when I then plug the MH hook-up into the mains, it shoots up to 300 watts.:Eeek: The fridge is a full sized one & includes a freezer compartment. Still seems a lot.

Any ideas?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I've recently received from British Gas an energy monitor FOC. So having set it up, I was surprised at the increase in wattage showing on the gauge when I plug the MH in to the mains prior to going away, ie cool the fridge etc.

With the MH unconnected to the house mains & nothing of significance switched on, I get a reading of app. 131 watts of background energy being used, when I then plug the MH hook-up into the mains, it shoots up to 300 watts.:Eeek: The fridge is a full sized one & includes a freezer compartment. Still seems a lot.

Any ideas?

sounds about right to me.. a small fridge uses 125watt .. a large one like ours uses 300 watt, plus your battery charger which will depend on what it's doing.. 50 watt or more

OP
OP
Kanberlingo

Kanberlingo

Free Member
May 18, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
10yrs. & 20yrs towing.
Cheers for that. I'm must be showing my age. Instead of getting the info sheets out & trawling through 'em, I figured I'd post up. Well, I am getting the MH ready for a short away break. Can't really say a holiday now. Being retired, we go away when we feel like it. So what phrase would one use for that situation, instead of a holiday. Bit off-post, but, hey-ho. (suggestions on a postcard to ..........):ROFLMAO:

Cheers

BeeJay

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back