Am I being a Christmas gringe (1 Viewer)

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
We are on the Chester cc site and there are many mh and caravans on here ,I believe the site is full many people have a very nice and discrete display of Christmas lights around there vans ,no problem but this caravan has a 20 foot pole with the brightest lights I have ever seen the picture does not show how bright these lights are they are driving us mad in our mh they flags and change colour every few seconds .The question is am I being unreasonable or not :xdoh:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    37.7 KB · Views: 202
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    37.7 KB · Views: 189

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
I dislike Christmas more than anyone I know but even I cannot see what's wrong with a few lights on a pole. Now if it was a yapping dog, I could see why it would spoil your day.
Only my opinion but I suppose different things annoy different people.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
No I don't think you're being unreasonable, it's a distraction when you should be able to relax in your caravan - I assume it's directly next/across from you? Perhaps going across and telling them that it's giving you a migraine would help?

It could of course be that the owner of the caravan has an inferiority complex and this is his way of compensating. :rolleyes:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I dislike Christmas more than anyone I know but even I cannot see what's wrong with a few lights on a pole. Now if it was a yapping dog, I could see why it would spoil your day.
Only my opinion but I suppose different things annoy different people.
I see you're 'dislike' and raise you with a 'hate'. xroll:

... I wish we never had Christmas at all but others like it so I 'suffer' it too whilst trying to ensure that my not wanting it doesn't affect their enjoyment. :cautious:

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
I see you're 'dislike' and raise you with a 'hate'. xroll:

... I wish we never had Christmas at all but others like it so I 'suffer' it too whilst trying to ensure that my not wanting it doesn't affect their enjoyment. :cautious:
I was being polite really as I don't won't to end up off thread about Christmas 'joy'. I could not print the way I usually describe it. Bah humbug!

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
This is more than a few lights on a pole these are the brightest lights I have seen its like day light outside and a disco in our van even with the blinds shut but as its Christmas I think the best thing for us to do is say nowt and wander off to the pub:xgrin:

If these lights on a pole really are that bright and causing you bother then simply go over to the van in question and politely ask if they could either reduce the brightness or turn them off altogether as they are bothering you.

I do however struggle to understand how they can be so bright as to cause a problem with your blinds closed though because (assuming you have Seitz or Remis type blinds) they should give near total blackout. Those that I have seen will certainly give near total blackout on a bright summer day so unless these "lights on a pole" are lasers directly aimed at your van I don't quite understand how they are bothering you.

D.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Change your pitch

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Sorry if this thread had upset some of you but you are not here ,my van is brand new so but there is a gap around the rear view mirror that lets light in but I don't think they are "crap" and have you tried parking the wrong way round on a cc site . Any it's not a problem now as I am in the pub now with people a sense of humour :xgrin:

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
We are on the Chester cc site and there are many mh and caravans on here ,I believe the site is full many people have a very nice and discrete display of Christmas lights around there vans ,no problem but this caravan has a 20 foot pole with the brightest lights I have ever seen the picture does not show how bright these lights are they are driving us mad in our mh they flags and change colour every few seconds .The question is am I being unreasonable or not :xdoh:

I agree Christmas or not, these things are a bloody nuisance. We go to the countryside and camp under the stars and some inconsiderate person wants to polute the place with flashing lights.

There is nothing nicer than sitting outside your 'van with just your thoughts an nice drink with peace and quiet and a clear night sky.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
as your on a CC site whats the wardens views; and ask to move pitch.

must admit when oiur blinds are closed not a lot of light gets in; if any;

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Sorry if this thread had upset some of you but you are not here ,my van is brand new so but there is a gap around the rear view mirror that lets light in but I don't think they are "crap" and have you tried parking the wrong way round on a cc site . Any it's not a problem now as I am in the pub now with people a sense of humour :xgrin:

yep on most vans ; you need a " silver screen, also keeps the heat in

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)

Lol, always makes me laugh when people get worked up over a simple post like yours, shows your not the only one who let's things bother them. Enjoy Chester beautiful City, you can camp on the the Roudee Car park for £1.50 many vans stay there over night, could be a change while you are in the area. Enjoy your break (lights permitting)

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Put the blinds up, I do that and even dogging sites do not bother me after that. Noise is different that demands the 12 bore.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We love lights and have a great selection .. they're all solar though. I've seen these 12v bright lights that some people use when on our nightly nose around dog walk. They are very bright but I can't see as it would cause us any upset. We always use silverscreens on sites and at night we usually put the blinds up so don't get affected by headlights or bright lights at all.
Anyway it's Christmas so I'm voting grinch
:xThumb::cheers::pray:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Whilst I don't have a problem with lights as such, flashing ones are a different matter as they can be very distracting, so perhaps those who think this is a 'silly' thing to moan abut ought to imagine being sat in their MH lounge with the light flicking away al the time whilst you are trying to relax - a bit like a fluorescent light tube when the starter is playing up .. it would be extremely irritating.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I would strongly advise you not to book any shows with the Funsters as I suspect you will be more than a tad pee'd off if you do not like the light poles !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back