LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We have a Thetford fridge and externals vents..
Not really that common compared to Dometic types

This morning I noticed the top vent has been nicked.. Willing to bet someone stole it for their caravan and it ended up in a dustbin cos it will not fit their kit

Checking back on the security cameras it was stolen over a month ago ( my system rolls over after 30 days )
Found a supplier ok but it is £24 outlay that I did not need

I spose the upside is, they are standard Thetford vents.
If one of the vents from the Miller had gone missing it would have been a different story as they were a very odd size !

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Depending on where you live check that its not just been taken off for "a laugh" and dumped up the road somewhere.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
First thing I did.. But it is the top one and not easy to access unless you bring something to stand on !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We lost one off the caravan straight after a service, no "nothing to do with us" they said.

Martin

Jul 8, 2008
Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
c build
Exp
6 yr
etford SRC Winter Fridge Vent Cover White Caravan Motorhome 62445580

| Add to Watch list
Seller information
ishop247-net (190259
star-14.gif
)
99.7% Positive Feedback
Broken Link Removed
Visit Shop:
ishop247net
See other items

Registered as a business seller

AdChoice
s.gif
imgPower_i_12x12.gif
- opens in a new window or tab
Item information
Condition:
New
Quantity:
4 available 15 sold

£12.99
Trending at:
£15.54
Buy it now

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
The little bits that hold them on is what I lose then they fall off, the little spigots break when they get hard in the sun. But if yours did then they would be lying on the ground, I take it that the van was parked up.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Pretty sure I have one John, just give us a photo of your remaining one so I can be sure. If its any good to you its yours for the cost of postage.

D.

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Some folk will nick anything. When we moved from Dewsbury, where every house has a burglar alarm, to Probus in Cornwall where the last listed crime was the theft of a doorknocker, we hardly expected to see major crime. And in fairness, we haven't, but.......having lashed out £5 on the compulsory purchase of a dustbin, we were surprised to find that the next morning someone had nicked it! Who on earth pinches a rubbish bin? Mind you, it would probably hold quite a few fridge vents.....

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Pretty sure I have one John, just give us a photo of your remaining one so I can be sure. If its any good to you its yours for the cost of postage.

D.
Cheers Dave, your a diamond mate..
I will take a couple of pics tomorrow

@2bob , thanks for that but it is not a winter cover I am after, tis the actual grill part that has been snaffed

@GWAYGWAY , it is the type that has two sliding locks to hold it in place .. The other type, the Dometic, has the turn buckle type pins that lock.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
The stupid little round pins that snap off when you look at them a bit hard.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
We have a Thetford fridge and externals vents..
Not really that common compared to Dometic types

This morning I noticed the top vent has been nicked.. Willing to bet someone stole it for their caravan and it ended up in a dustbin cos it will not fit their kit

Checking back on the security cameras it was stolen over a month ago ( my system rolls over after 30 days )
Found a supplier ok but it is £24 outlay that I did not need

I spose the upside is, they are standard Thetford vents.
If one of the vents from the Miller had gone missing it would have been a different story as they were a very odd size !

To stop this happening drill and secure vents to van with self tappers,,,,BUSBY.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
To stop this happening drill and secure vents to van with self tappers,,,,BUSBY.
I did that on the Miller.. But the vents were much lower.. I shall now have to do it on this one too

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Some folk will nick anything. When we moved from Dewsbury, where every house has a burglar alarm, to Probus in Cornwall where the last listed crime was the theft of a doorknocker, we hardly expected to see major crime. And in fairness, we haven't, but.......having lashed out £5 on the compulsory purchase of a dustbin, we were surprised to find that the next morning someone had nicked it! Who on earth pinches a rubbish bin? Mind you, it would probably hold quite a few fridge vents.....
Hi.
First hand knowledge.Come home and rubbish all over the yard,been burgled,perps empty bin,put pillow in/TV pillow/dvd,more stuff etc and gone.I was told it was not unusual to see people wheeling "Bins" about at all hours. Funny but true,an "Irish" Entrepreneur (Love it) was stealing bins around the Cheshire/Lancs area,loading the Trusty Trannie and taking them back to Ireland,they fetched 30 euros ? back there........ Now then,how many would you get on a forty foot ? LOL
Tea Bag Happy New Year

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back