Condor ferries (1 Viewer)

Dec 3, 2007
bristol
Funster No
MH
fiat autotrail imala 730
Exp
since 2005
Just recieved an email from condor re discount prices, portsmouth to cherbourg only problem when trying to book on line the motorhome length only goes up to 6.5m , but you can take car and caravan on the ferry i guess i will have to ring to check if we can book our 7.0m van, any one got over this problem ?

Reactions: f6c

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
If you are on a tight timescale I wouldn't book condor. They cancel due to adverse weather more often than they sail. If you are prepared to get the next available go for it.

f6c

Nov 7, 2010
gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
23 Years
Jointerjohn, Would you have any prices?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
We've sailed Condor many times and half the price of Brittany ferries.
Oh, and never been checked for length :)

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
BEWARE - the discount offer has conditions it is only for 7 day return tickets. The Condor Portsmouth ferry only runs on a Sunday in the summer months and is usually a smooth crossing. The Condor boat to avoid is the disastrous recent purchase 'Liberation' but this doesn't do a French route - just Channel Isles to UK.

OP
OP
jointerjohn
Dec 3, 2007
bristol
Funster No
MH
fiat autotrail imala 730
Exp
since 2005
the cost ports-cherbourg 05/06/16==10/07/16 £135 i have entered these details ok and could input my card details but wanted to check out the length problem

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
the cost ports-cherbourg 05/06/16==10/07/16 £135 i have entered these details ok and could input my card details but wanted to check out the length problem
You have to phone/book Condor reservations - they still give online £5 discount if u ask and tell them as you can't book online due to length it's not that you don't want to book online. Hope that makes sense!! We live in Jersey so have no choice getting off island so have a lot of experience dealing with Condor. The Clipper the boat they use for Portsmouth Cherbourg crossing has loads of space for long Motorhomes - it is used on other days of week as supply's to Islands so full of container lorries! As their other boats on other routes can only take a few campers and only shorter and not high ones they need people to phone to book so deliberately do not have facility on website to book.

Dec 1, 2015
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Twenty years
We have used Condor Ferries a number of times from Portsmouth to cherbourg and as has been mentioned the price is half that off Brittany Ferries.
Normally the crossing time is 9am and return time 16.40 but only runs weekly on Sunday from the end of May.

The ship used is the Clipper and although not as sumptuous as Brittany Ferries is more than adequate. They used to take any length of motorhome but now restrict it to 6.5mtrs.
Returning from Cherbourg this year, I did see what I thought was a motorhome over that length on board. So maybe worth a phone call.

Hope this helps
Regards DelMar.

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
We have used Condor Ferries a number of times from Portsmouth to cherbourg and as has been mentioned the price is half that off Brittany Ferries.
Normally the crossing time is 9am and return time 16.40 but only runs weekly on Sunday from the end of May.
The ship used is the Clipper and although not as sumptuous as Brittany Ferries is more than adequate. They used to take any length of motorhome but now restrict it to 6.5mtrs.
Returning from Cherbourg this year, I did see what I thought was a motorhome over that length on board. So maybe worth a phone call.

Hope this helps
Regards DelMar.
See my previous post ref the Clipper - she carries containers the rest of the week and does this run in the summer on Sundays which is usually her day off (in winter she sits out in the bay here on a Sunday) They allow ANY length/height motorhome/caravan on - in fact large Jersey motorhomes/caravans can ONLY use the Clipper for travelling on to get to/from Jersey. As said before the booking can not be made online but needs a phone call to Condor reservations. If you want comfort then book a cabin -we always do as their day rates for cabins are very reasonable, if you are feeling really flush then book the superior cabin, was £30 last time we used and have tv and bottles of water and a fruit basket. We find having use of a shower good too so we can freshen up after usually travelling far and wild camping and so a treat to have endless hot running water and feeling clean!!! If the boat is full cabin is especially good as own space as seating areas limited on what is principally a boat for lorry drivers and not designed as a passenger boat.

OP
OP
jointerjohn
Dec 3, 2007
bristol
Funster No
MH
fiat autotrail imala 730
Exp
since 2005
Good news you just book on line , when you get the ref number ring customer services and tell them your length they update the change, not a bad price £135 return !!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back