Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We started the day proper around 9am, sat in the sun and climbed aboard our mountain of a full English Breakfast, purchased on christmas eve from Iceland. All the English favourites, proper bacon, black pudding, Lincoln Sausages, mushrooms et al. By the time the washing up was done it was 25c and rather than go to a cocktail bar at which we knew other Funsters were gathering at we decided to make the most of the sun and head to the beach.

We packed a picnic, a few bottles of bubbly, beers, bats, balls and swimming trunks, costumes towels etc. There then followed plenty of eating, sillyness, drinking splashing and burying people in sand etc. When we were beached-out and heading off it we met a merry line of funsters heading back from boxing day cocktails, they looked like they'd had a lovely time.

We decide to head into the old town to eat again but shock horror the girls were dressed for the beach, so a €90 detour through a couple of the hundreds of open boutiques saw them emerge smart and ready for dinner. A nice meal, a lovely walk along the beach to walk it all off, a nightcap in the Tikki Beach bar and we were home by 9pm.

12 hours in Benidorm :)

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
A mice meal

ratatouille ? ............waking up to cooler, wetter day in Derby, left over turkey curry............. not jealous at all.............

:xThumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Boxing Day in Portimao...

Run genny for 5 minutes to warm breakfast croissants in electric oven.

12.45... watch Stoke beat Man U*d.

3.00... listen to the lads beat Sunderland.

5.00... listen to Sports Report.

5.30... watch the Barcodes get robbed of two points by the Toffees in the last second.

7.45... watch Southampton slaughter the Gunners.

10.30... watch Match of the Day.

Managed to scoff a pork pie (large) and some (low fat) coleslaw in a break.

If Carlesberg did Boxing Days...

JJ :xcool:

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Fabulous weather here too, well its not raining for a change:xsurprised:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Nice relaxing day here in South Wales. It was warmer than I thought and I had to turn the heating off. Had the window open and even sat outside for a bit enjoying the view. Nice chicken vindaloo for afternoon meal with 2 beers then a black coffee with Baileys.

Got a bit of work done, then watched a bit of telly. Phone not working and email dead so a very very quiet day for me. Lovely.

I was hoping to have a totally people free fortnight between 23rd dec and 4th Jan but new graphics card in computer I bought for my self for christmas takes too much power so ordered a new power supply. I will be saying hello to a delivery driver today but other than that no people to deal with.. The rest of the day will be laundry and installing new PSU, reinstall windows and linux....

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Millionaires Golf with Jenny on Boxing day, ((hardly anyone else on the course)) windy but a dry and warm 12 degrees C.
Pretty good for Blighty in December I reckon..
Life is what you make it, even without a licence. xx .
Still Jealous though Jim..
Have a ball.. and all you guys and gals left back here..

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We have another Benidorm convert here.

Last edited:
May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
That's it -Thanks Jim! no more wet cold depressing weather Xmas here-Benidorm Xmas to come
Ian

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
next year maybe!!!!!:pray:

Well Jim makes it sound so nice I might try it next year as well.

Cue the coldest temperatures on record for Benidorm in December:xdoh::xgrin:

Aug 23, 2011
Huntingdon, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Lyseo 727g
Exp
since 2011
Had a very sedate few cocktails in a nice bar, enjoying polite, highbrow conversation, then gently ambled back for a siesta when we noticed a bunch of gigglers emerging off of the beach, one of whom was wearing a very dodgy kiss me quick santa hat. Bloomin' brits on holiday. ;-)

panda

Free Member
Dec 16, 2011
notts
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1996
Had all the family, thirteen of us, to our bungalow, and grandson brought his guitar and we all made an awful row(its a good job we're detached). It brought back memories of Motorfun Rallies (good memories!!!!!)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back