Baie de Seine economie Ferry (1 Viewer)

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Where do they park the Motorhomes on the Baie de Seine , outside on an open deck and if so is up a steep ramp like the other economy ferry Brittany Ferries operate the "Etretat " or is it undercover on a lower deck

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Rest assured that you will be parked in everybodies interests,including your own,did a memorable trip on the "Etretat" last winter,a chap in front with a LOW peug...French car,did not like the ramp,a conversation took place,and he was waved into the lower deck,us,in a big butch 4x4,went up into the "Crows Nest"...LOL and my only worry was that the sea pounding on the sharp bit at the front of the "Scow?" Look "Scow" up..... Believe me,it is the correct word LOL!, would cause a structual malfunction,resulting in us visiting Davey Joneses locker.
We survived to tell the tale,please excuse te spelling/grammer,but we have been to a Christmas party to end ALL parties,and i could if the need arose,survive a nuclear blast,due to an imbalance in my blood/alchol levels. Hope this helps.
Tea Bag Merry Christmas,whats left of it. Stay well,stay LUCKY.
PS. More Port ? .... Yes please,yes thats mine,the pint pot.........

rolandrat

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Crossed on this boat in October.

I was parked over the bow in the open.

Took me a couple of days to wash the salt rime off.

:cooler:
If you had asked they would have hosed your motorhome down with fresh water before you disembarked. The crew are very helpful, I'm letting you know through personal experience.

barista

Free Member
Dec 13, 2015
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
Ducato based coach built
Exp
I would hope
If you had asked they would have hosed your motorhome down with fresh water before you disembarked. The crew are very helpful, I'm letting you know through personal experience.
I would hope so too. I personally wouldn't want my van doused in seawater.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Horrible ship. Loads of cabins (at extra cost) but no recliners, just hard straight back chairs.
Not suited to the 6 hour daytime crossing we made Le havre/Portsmouth at all.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back