Oct 22, 2015
wakefield
Funster No
MH
c1
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Everyone ,

Me and the missus are looking to take our first trip in our new van between xmas and the new year, we are in Yorkshire and think Whitby seems to be an idea but are open to suggestions for locatation and venue, ideas please ?

Peter and Dee

Deleted User
Lots of spaces at York cc Rowntree Park:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
Whitby Holiday Park may be open, give them a ring, short walk along cliff top into Whitby. Failing that try Filey, they are open all year round. Think we may pop to Filey if the weather looks OK.

Upvote 0

Deleted User
York is being evacuated again:( had to pack up this morning and leave.
Didn't get our first glass of fizz until afternoon when we got home.

Upvote 0

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
York is being evacuated again:( had to pack up this morning and leave.
Didn't get our first glass of fizz until afternoon when we got home.
Sorry to hear you had to pack up, I don't think the flooding is over yet. The forecast is for rain, rain, rain.

Upvote 0

Lorryman100

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
We are of to Southport on Sunday until Wednesday then it's off to viva las Blackpool for the new year returning home on the 4th of Jan. there are still vacancies at both of these cc sites. :xgrin:

Upvote 0

Deleted User
Sorry to hear you had to pack up, I don't think the flooding is over yet. The forecast is for rain, rain, rain.
Thanks, it could have been worse, we don't have traditional dinner, so was just a case of getting home and cooking snacks.
Feel for the wardens they had to open office, to refund fees and go around the site updating everyone, was supposed to be their day off. :(

Lin :)

Upvote 0

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I believe the Keswick C & CC site had also been effected according to the environment agency weather link.

I'm off to southport C C site from the 4th January, ideal for a combination of retail therapy and dog walking.

Upvote 0

Deleted User
I believe the Keswick C & CC site had also been effected according to the environment agency weather link.

I'm off to southport C C site from the 4th January, ideal for a combination of retail therapy and dog walking.
We thought about swapping to that site, it looks great, might look at going in Jan :)

Upvote 0

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
Hi Everyone ,

Me and the missus are looking to take our first trip in our new van between xmas and the new year, we are in Yorkshire and think Whitby seems to be an idea but are open to suggestions for locatation and venue, ideas please ?

Peter and Dee
Station Inn at ribblehead is good for folk music, dog walking, When I was a keen gardener I used your shop lots lol.:xThumb:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
121 Yorkshire

121 Yorkshire

Free Member
Oct 22, 2015
wakefield
Funster No
MH
c1
Exp
I'm a newbie
Sorry I'm not the Peter Barrett of garden centre fame !!
I am writing this on a bright and sunny Tuesday (29th) morning, still tempted to take on a little trip somewhere but concerned over floods and impending hurricane Frank, will I bite the bullet ???
Yet to decide but thank you for the hints and tips you have all so kindly offered !!

Peter

Upvote 0

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
Sorry I'm not the Peter Barrett of garden centre fame !!
I am writing this on a bright and sunny Tuesday (29th) morning, still tempted to take on a little trip somewhere but concerned over floods and impending hurricane Frank, will I bite the bullet ???
Yet to decide but thank you for the hints and tips you have all so kindly offered !!

Peter
Hi, Peter, We are feeling the same, hopefully we shall be going to ribblehead for new years eve weather permitting! The pub is no frills down to earth , a sense of humour is a must, not posh but friendly and fantastic for our dog walking, folk music and fireworks and hopefully a great new year, nice to see you there, steve and nade.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back