Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
I know, I know. Lots of you said not to buy British. D'oh!
Had my brand new Apache for 6 weeks, during which it has rained almost non-stop.
I have extensively tested all systems, catches, hinges, doors. Everything.
And I can't find a bloody thing wrong with it.
So what the hell am I missing? Don't mind telling you it's giving me sleepless nights.
Why oh Why did I not listen? :D

OP
OP
Candapack

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Ah??? But have you Damp tested Yet??.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:
Damp Test? You're not meant to do that on a British van in case of heart failure, or so I'm told.
But I got the wife to do one, no sign of damp she says. Yeah, right. Probably didn't put the batteries in. :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
its so wet at the moment its expanded and sealed all the joints,:whistle2: as above wait till the sun comes out and it dries out and shrinks! :blush::xrofl:

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Damp Test? You're not meant to do that on a British van in case of heart failure, or so I'm told.
But I got the wife to do one, no sign of damp she says. Yeah, right. Probably didn't put the batteries in. :D

Aahh! I thought you only used those on hymer roof lights. Buxxer will have to buy one of those gadgets now for my autocruise ...

May 23, 2012
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666f
Exp
Had my Autotrail 18 months now 1st hab service showed no damp and I haven't had any faults yet except the Thetford fridge broke, I don't know where the fridges are made though so can't blame anyone. I must be the lucky one I love my Autotrail so far so good, see what happens on the next hab service, fingers crossed.

barista

Free Member
Dec 13, 2015
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
Ducato based coach built
Exp
You may be one of the lucky ones, but if not I hope it didn't come from Perthshire! No point in worrying about it, just enjoy it until the first issue.

OP
OP
Candapack

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
its so wet at the moment its expanded and sealed all the joints,:whistle2: as above wait till the sun comes out and it dries out and shrinks! :blush::xrofl:
Good point. Think I'll just tour in Scotland to be on the safe side.

OP
OP
Candapack

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
You may be one of the lucky ones, but if not I hope it didn't come from Perthshire! No point in worrying about it, just enjoy it until the first issue.
It did come from Perthshire, aaaargh, something else to worry about.
No, wait, I'll take your advice and not worry.
Not worrying
Not worrying
Not worrying
Not working, still worrying.
Never mind, Christmas Day soon. Daughter home, joyous times. Will throw tarpaulin over van and tell her it's German so she doesn't worry too. :xgrin:

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Thankfully consumer legislation has recently changed in your favour - you now have 30 days to reject faulty products
Check online for full details

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Plenty of time .!!!!!
Mine had issues at 12 months at the first hab check.
Been OK and "monitored" for past 2 years.
But here we are at year 4 and it's about to go back to the factory again..

They are not all bad :) just so annoying that you can spend so much money and some are not built / sealed right or still have ongoing issues.

OP
OP
Candapack

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Thankfully consumer legislation has recently changed in your favour - you now have 30 days to reject faulty products
Check online for full details
But it's not faulty, and it's British, so it should be, and I'm just confused now.
I need to lie down.
Thanks all for the support, think I'll be OK. :unsure:

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
But it's not faulty, and it's British, so it should be, and I'm just confused now.
I need to lie down.
Thanks all for the support, think I'll be OK. :unsure:
Don't worry I have had my autocruise stargazer since 2005 .NO damp issues anywhere. ..had damp checks each year during hab checks .no problems. British is good ,shame all are built on foreign chassis which always let us down. .

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
As posted elsewhere our Autocruise Wentworth sprung a leak on the big electric sky light a week or so ago. Thanks to @edgy and his nice dry workshop I got the chance to take the whole lot out.
It turns out the sealant on the leading edge had broken down and was dried out, a botch repair had failed as well so it needed removing, cleaning and re-bedding. But, the van is a 53 plate and not a couple of years old so I suppose it might be expected perhaps?

barista

Free Member
Dec 13, 2015
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
Ducato based coach built
Exp
Don't worry I have had my autocruise stargazer since 2005 .NO damp issues anywhere. ..had damp checks each year during hab checks .no problems. British is good ,shame all are built on foreign chassis which always let us down. .
The chassis aren't usually the problem though.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
I know, I know. Lots of you said not to buy British. D'oh!
Had my brand new Apache for 6 weeks, during which it has rained almost non-stop.
I have extensively tested all systems, catches, hinges, doors. Everything.
And I can't find a bloody thing wrong with it.
So what the hell am I missing? Don't mind telling you it's giving me sleepless nights.
Why oh Why did I not listen? :D

Kitchen cabinet door fell off on its second journey on mine :0(

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Its an odd thing - we had a Swift Bessacar for 3 years - and never had a problem with it, other than one which we didn't actually notice, I'm bound to say - that the dealer told us about when we picked it up. We had a holiday booked so they had it back when we got back, it was taken up to Hull and sorted by Swift and that was that until we P/Xed it 3 years later.

I certainly hope your British van will be as smooth and reliable as ours was. We'd certainly have another, any time.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I have had my Scout nearly 3 years now without any problems.

Should I be worried too?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back