Renault, anyone had one? (1 Viewer)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I've seen a few motorhomes now on the Renault diesel auto chassis and have been quite impressed with the home part but most seem to have unusually low mileage...? Now this always makes me think people won't chance going far or its in the garage all the time.
Anybody's expeiriance on these would be appreciated
Garry

Steve devon

Free Member
Sep 7, 2014
North devon
Funster No
MH
Adria sonic supreme
Exp
Since 2015
I've never had one , but the hand brake is on the left, in the middle on the floor, so you could catch your toe on it and trip up

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I've never had one , but the hand brake is on the left, in the middle on the floor, so you could catch your toe on it and trip up
Haha well I'm afraid that's impossible for me to do and have got more chance of doing my knackers in...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We have a Renault master 3l (not the auto). It's a great van and on a recent long tour of France and Spain we got 29.6 mpg average. The hand brake drops right down and isn't really possible to trip over as it's tucked well into the seat side... well maybe if you were really accident prone you might manage it but we've never had a problem. We changed from a Fiat Ducato and much prefer the Renault.

GEOMAR

Free Member
Mar 22, 2015
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years
I have a 2007 autotrail MIAMI on a RENAULT 2500 CC AUTO and is a brilliant machine and would recommend them
GEOMAR

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We currently drive one on a 3 litre Diesel Hymer Tramp., other than the VW we had many years ago, this is the best motorhome we have had, easy to drive, economical, fast when its required. Service and parts throughout Europe. Cannot fault this.

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
I have a Renault master 2500cc 150 bhp robotised manual/ Automatic, running at 3.9 tonne, IMO a brilliant machine! returns normally 27 MPG at 62 MPH,
It's well built and except for a turbo problem because it had hardly been used when we brough her, she has been ultra reliable, probably tempting providence saying that!:xThumb:

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
We have an '05, 3 litre manual 140 hp, with 87k on the clock. Only ever replaced an ABS sensor, the indicator stalk (second hand unit fitted) and the aux drive belt, other than regular servicing.
Someone mentioned on here about either the turbo intercooler or the aircon rad being prone to rotting/failure due to it's low slung position, ours is looking a bit worse for wear, but holding up at the moment. Body roll is almost non existent compared to my mates Autotrail Apache on a Fiat.

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
Good base vehicle, ours is a Dethleffs 07 with 2.5 manual/ auto box. Currently showing 55k miles no problems, easy drive,cruises at 70 no problem, and pulls up slopes often overtaking newer vans. We rechipped to slightly increase power and fuel usage, rear suspension has dethleffs upgrade on Alco chasis. Go for it u will really enjoy the unit.

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
We have an '05, 3 litre manual 140 hp, with 87k on the clock. Only ever replaced an ABS sensor, the indicator stalk (second hand unit fitted) and the aux drive belt, other than regular servicing.
Someone mentioned on here about either the turbo intercooler or the aircon rad being prone to rotting/failure due to it's low slung position, ours is looking a bit worse for wear, but holding up at the moment. Body roll is almost non existent compared to my mates Autotrail Apache on a Fiat.

Hi was it much of a job replacing the aux belt looks tight

Violet1

Free Member
Jul 4, 2015
March, Cambs
Funster No
MH
semi-integrated
Exp
i'm a newbie
We have a 2015 master with the 160hp stop start, absolutely delighted with performance and economy . Handbrake drops to floor tucked under drivers seat when spun round for dinette area so won't be tripping over it. Ours is on an Adria build and lhd as we couldn't get the layout this side

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Hi was it much of a job replacing the aux belt looks tight

It was a pretty straightforward job tbh. I had to strip the spring tensioner apart as it wasn't expanding to it's full length which I thought was making the original belt squeal, but after that I had to fit a new belt as it wasn't obvious that the vee's on the original belt had worn, a new belt sorted it.

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
It was a pretty straightforward job tbh. I had to strip the spring tensioner apart as it wasn't expanding to it's full length which I thought was making the original belt squeal, but after that I had to fit a new belt as it wasn't obvious that the vee's on the original belt had worn, a new belt sorted it.

Thanks I will proberly get someone to do mine to be safe

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
We had an Autotrail Miami with Renault auto box ...a pleasure to drive..
We now have a ford with auto box but preferred the Renault

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
Just avoid these!

Traffic II vans equipped with the 2.0-litre dCi diesel engine (engine code ‘M9R’). These vehicles were built between August 2006 and January 2010.
Also any Vauxhall and Nissan vans with the same engine of the same period!

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Our new van is pulled along by the renault master 2.3 and we love it.. More or less Impossible to trip up over the handbrake as it folds down so you can swivel the drivers seat.. It's a very smooth and comfortable ride too.. Recommended.. Yes !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back