Free Member
Apr 17, 2012
bath
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
1 year
I'm thinking of getting a 11k system , has anyone got this system and what do you think of it?
What's the difference between this and a gas low system . (Apart from the price )

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
We bought Gas It on price and recommendation. 11 and 6 kg with external filling point, brilliant system so far and refills are very cheap. 52p a ltr.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I think gas it use German cyliners, bought an 11 KG set up a couple of months ago, you can see pics in my gallery. I tested all the gas seals after installation and it turned out BOTH cylinder inlet/outlet seals were leaking, after a conversation with gasit I tried tightening both of them but the input one kept leaking. Had to disassemble the whole system and send the 11kg cylinder back to gasit for an exchange one, which did not leak. So two things from my experience check every gas joint including the cylinder ones and make sure you specify which way round you want the input valve to face! http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/media/new-set-up.17590/ Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We had Gasit in our old MH and have Gaslow in the new one
I know folk will tell you that they're both made in the same factory, but that's where the comparison ends
The fittings and hoses on the Gaslow system are far superior, but it is more expensive

jb0371old

Free Member
Jul 8, 2011
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
1 year
I have gasit in mine and i installed gasit in my dads, a lot cheaper than gaslow. The fittings may? be better on gaslow but is it worth the extra price, after all a rolls royce and ford mondeo still do the same thing in essence. Whatever route you go you wont be disappointed. I have had to ring gasit a couple of times when fitting both systems and there customer service was excellent, very helpfull they even rang me back an hour later to make sure everything was still ok.
I know of a forum member on here who brought the gaslow bottles and one had to be sent back as it was leaking, problems can exist from any company its how they deal with it is what counts (gaslow replaced that cylinder quickly to be fair).

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
The fittings and hoses on the Gaslow system are far superior, but it is more expensive

indeed.. the hoses have a 15 year warranty.. have stainless cores, so there is no rubber in contact with the LPG.

the Gaslow R67 bottle complies with the R67 UN regulations for LPG tanks,.

• It also has an over pressure safety relief valve.
  • The outlet valve has a built in filter to prevent impurities in the gas damaging the regulator.
  • The cylinder has an excess flow valve to restrict the flow of gas if the hose ruptures.
  • Fitted with a new mechanically accurate contents gauge.
more info Broken Link Removed

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Be advised that the Gas it bottles are not the same as the Gaslow bottles with regards to the above features, but the new Gas it Plus are. If you add these bottles to a set up, it becomes very much the same price. So if you want a cheaper set up go for standard Gas it bottles, More expensive but better as regards to the features of the Gaslow then choose that set up or for slightly less, Gas it Plus bottles and rubber hoses. Gas it will supply S/S hose if you ask, but only rubber filling hose - site explains why; R67 code and no S/S ones are. Remember Gas it give funsters 5% discount using MHFUNGAS code.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
I had one 11kg "gas-it" cyl with external fill point on our last Tracker and transferred it to the new one, then added a second cyl. Just ring the parts dept and tell him what you want to end up with and he will sort all the bits and post it all to you.
1 hr to fit and a fabulous addition to the van, giving independence, versatility (and cheaply)
I put my fill point in the skirt close to a bracing strut..
Hope this helps you..
Mitch.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
to save me searching.. what is the reason ?
Taken from an e-mail after requesting a quote for a two bottle set up with S/S hoses. "All hoses included in the estimate are rubber, we can supply stainless steel pigtails if required. There are no stainless fill hoses homologated for use in the UK" and from the Web Site here

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I bought and fitted Gasit 11kg twin system on our new van back in July with exterior filler ,found it easy to do and works as it says on the box at a better price than Gaslow which I had on previous van only 6kg ,there s not much to choose between the two except price the fittings are good enough for the job .

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
got a gas it system with external filler. best investment other than the motorhome.:xdoh:

easy fit

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Taken from an e-mail after requesting a quote for a two bottle set up with S/S hoses. "All hoses included in the estimate are rubber, we can supply stainless steel pigtails if required. There are no stainless fill hoses homologated for use in the UK" and from the Web Site here

thanks..

don't have the knowledge to say who is correct but..

according to Gaslow.. the stainless steel fill hose they supply is Built to EN10380..
Gaslow info here http://www.gaslowdirect.com/WebRoot/GroupNBT/Shops/cyujrhdmmu67/MediaGallery/GASLOW300.pdf

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
another " A frame " type debate.....:oops:
Don't know about that, but it certainly adds to the plethora of lengthy Gas-it Vs Gaslow threads on here. :xdoh: As a newbie and an avid researcher, I have come to the conclusion that those who have Gaslow won't have a word said against it and vice versa for Gas it. Read what everyone has to say about their system, then look on each website and decide. Should not just be on cost, but regulations and most of all safety. Gas it "Plus" wins for me and will be my system of choice should i find i need it, but i may have s/s pigtails and buy a s/s fill hose from else where - Jury is still out. More research required on EN10380 v's E67.01 first though.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I think the stainless hoses are to prevent clogging of regulator aren't they? Our regulator is on the ceiling of the gas locker so no fluid is able to get into it.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
agreed... my quote was meant " TONGUE IN CHEEK"!x:-)
Taken as such as well. :xThumb: It was the way I responded. Snags with Writing on forums though I should have used more xroll::xdoh:.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
I think the stainless hoses are to prevent clogging of regulator aren't they? Our regulator is on the ceiling of the gas locker so no fluid is able to get into it.

dont see how a stainless hose will stop the clogging... its the position aND THE WAY THE HOSE / REGULATOR IS FITTED IS MORE IMPORTANT.

THE STAINLESS HOSE I GUESS IS SUPPOSED! TO LAST LONGER AND BE MORE ROBUST AGAINST FAILURE / ABRASSION.

sorry did not mean to shout! ( use capitals ):xeek: finger trouble with the key board and too lazy to amend...:xdoh:

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Are these refillable cylinders ( be they Gas-it, Gaslow, alugas etc) date sensitive, ie are they stamped with a date that they should not be used after?
I am trying to work out if they are financially viable and if they have a limited number of years use this adds a factor to the equation.

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
I personally couldn't give a monkeys which is best/worst etc but if ours failed I would replace it immediately with one of the systems on the market, so convenient & easy. May be just a tad embarrassing when you only get £6.50 worth in when you fill up :xblush:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
I personally couldn't give a monkeys which is best/worst etc but if ours failed I would replace it immediately with one of the systems on the market, so convenient & easy. May be just a tad embarrassing when you only get £6.50 worth in when you fill up :xblush:

minimummmmm dispence i think is 5 ltrs... xroll: :xgrin:

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I know there was a date stamp on the Gaslow's we had but to be honest never checked the new gas it's if it's ten years I probably won't be to worried as I'll either be pushin up Daisy's or bought a new van(hope it's the latter!):xThumb:

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
"After 10 years you must return your cylinder to a Gaslow dealer who will exchange it and charge a replacement fee".

From Gaslow web site. Not sure if the others are the same. Certainly would think so

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
Self fitted a 11kg Gas-It cylinder to our van and have never had a moments problem with it.

The Tincas

OP
OP
xjrchris

xjrchris

Free Member
Apr 17, 2012
bath
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
1 year
Think I will go down the Gas It route when I fit one to my van , thanks for all the replys.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I went with AluGas for a few reasons
The guys are very helpful
The price was good
When I wanted extra parts ( when I moved the system from one van to the next ) the supplier bent over backwards to assist
The bottle are excellent

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back