Free Member
May 28, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 months and loving it
We have booked the ferry and are intending to stop off in the Vendee for two or three nights and then head for the vendee.

Any suggestions on good sites. The vendee would need to be walking distance to the sea and preferably water and electric connection.

I have the Alan Rogers book but would like to narrow the search down a little. We ar going on 15/08/09 for two weeks.

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
We did the Vendee last year, and intend going there again this year.Last year we stayed in Jard sur Mare, the site was a tad expensive ,can't remember the name of it but it was one of the Chadotel group ones, very busy but plenty to do for the kids........ supermarket 10 mins away. Then we tootled down to the Ille de Oleron plenty of sites and Aires there but we never booked anywhere just cuffed it and managed to get in at sites.

OP
OP
Locky

Locky

Free Member
May 28, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 months and loving it
We did the Vendee last year, and intend going there again this year.Last year we stayed in Jard sur Mare, the site was a tad expensive ,can't remember the name of it but it was one of the Chadotel group ones, very busy but plenty to do for the kids........ supermarket 10 mins away. Then we tootled down to the Ille de Oleron plenty of sites and Aires there but we never booked anywhere just cuffed it and managed to get in at sites.

When did you go. I presumes that we would need to book in August.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
When did you go. I presumes that we would need to book in August.

Sorry Locky, we went in August last year,and it was very very busy, like I said we took pot luck, and it worked for us just turning up,:winky: but that's the only luck we've ever had, never won the lotto though:ROFLMAO:
August in France is holiday time so expect the unexpected

grout

Free Member
Apr 27, 2008
Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Here's a nice one...

Hi,

We've visited Jard sur Mer many times.

Stayed at a small site "La Mouette Cendree" (think that's the right spelling) which had pool and slide but it's not a manic site... especially if you are going after 15th August.

It's an easy 5 minutes walk into town and harbour, 5 minutes walk to local SuperU which was excellent. But it is a 5/10 minute drive to superb beaches .. did you want to be closer?

Site has changed owners but new owners are making improvements and still retains its pleasant atmosphere. I think it's (still) in the Caravan Club book.

Some friends go back every year ... may be there when you are even! Look for Nick and Liz from Wales, probably in their corner plot with Ron and Margaret (parents) next door! Nice folk!:thumb:

Have a great time, it's a lovely area.

john

I'm jealous! :cry:

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Locky....it has come to me, the site we were on in Jard sur Mare was, Camping Chadotel L'ocean D'or, if you google it up, it'll give you the price and details but as I say it was a very very busy site, but a lot for the rug rats to do!!
If I remember rightly there were a few sites in Jard sur Mare, maybe 4 or 5 sites. plus an Aires down the road near the beach.
Hope it helps mate......regards...............Ray......(Mondo)

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
We have just come back from the St Jean de Mont in the vendee we stayed at camping La Yole plenty for the kids to do but will be expensive in the high season. There is and aires in St Jean which I am told has water and hook ups for 5 euros a night it is close to the golf course.

blueraven

Free Member
May 7, 2008
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since Apr 08
St Jean De Monts

We have booked the ferry and are intending to stop off in the Vendee for two or three nights and then head for the vendee.

Any suggestions on good sites. The vendee would need to be walking distance to the sea and preferably water and electric connection.

I have the Alan Rogers book but would like to narrow the search down a little. We ar going on 15/08/09 for two weeks.

As we aren't people to go back to the same place twice ever, it really says something about this site that we've been to 3 times! It's called Le Clarys Plage in the St Jean de Monts, supermatket right next door, a few restaurants in walking distance and the beach is over the road! Perfect location and there is an easy road into St Jean itself (about 8 mins drive) Gorgeous pool area, fab shower blocks, only thing is there is a bar and 'entertainment' in high season which is a bit tacky, depends what you like I suppose.

We've always been in May/June, I hear St Jean is very busy in August.

Enjoy yourselves when you go. The parking on St Jean de Monts seafront is very MH friendly and I am sure you'll find a great campsite.

blueraven:thumb:

Decmac

Free Member
May 17, 2008
Funster No
Nice free 'aire' almost in the centre of Jean de Mont. Cruise around and you'll see all the other vans parked there. No charge but no water, nothing, safe. We overnighted there two years ago. Near shops, pubs, seafront, restaurants. Enjoy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back