Feeling damp (1 Viewer)

Nov 3, 2014
Devizes, Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
For ten years
Hi there have just been to van and noticed that everything feels a bit damp I don't know whether it is this warm wet weather, never had problem before, I did buy some dehumidifiers recently as van was not going to be used for a while, just wondered if they are pulling in more moisture. Has anyone had similar problems, look forward to any info.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
A couple of days ago I went into the shed were ours lives and it was all steamed up and I thought oh s--t what's wrong and then realised it was the outside of all the windows and it was just as fletton described, everything cold and then the air has warmed up carrying more moisture and drops it onto any surface colder than the air.

Martin

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Tomorrow Aldi has a Mini Dehumidifier at £34.99 looks a good deal and it looks like you may need it!!

colyboy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Its probably down to the weather at present, abnormally warm for the time of year and very wet (sounds like a woman we'd all like to meet :) ). Wife went out in her MX5 the other day and it was all damp inside and getting mouldy:xsurprised:

D.
Ahem, her MX5 do you mean? I hope.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I have just lined the underside of my garage roof with 50mm of polystyrene as my Eunos was wet through with condensation dripping on it because of all the temp changes, I suggest your vans the same.

OP
OP
Tricky Dicky
Nov 3, 2014
Devizes, Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
For ten years
Thanks guys for the tips will look in to it tomorrow have spent time blocking up draughts - could be not enough ventilation as said, thanks again.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
you realy need airflow through the van we leave rooflights open a crack

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Thanks guys for the tips will look in to it tomorrow have spent time blocking up draughts - could be not enough ventilation as said, thanks again.
Sounds likely - there needs to be some air movement in the MH to avoid condensation building up due to the difference between inside and outside temperatures. Try opening the windows/doors/roof vents a bit to let the air circulate for an hour if you can (on a nice day of course) and it should all disappear.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I am fortunate enough to have the M-H on my driveway and on power, so can periodically get the De-humidifier into it (Overnight). Ventilation is also important. The Humidity recently has rarely been below 85% for days on end according to my "Weather Station" and frequently MUCH higher!. In fact I have taken to leaving a Radiator of a Thermostat control set to about 12C. In the M-H when not being used.

Pete

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Yeah and this is just the beginning ,just to make you all feel good, up here snow came and gone temps on the plus side:xsurprised: last night's news tv Svalbard full hurricane winds,so just to finish,from us to you All Have a very Merry christmas and happy and safe travels in 2016,regards AlfandM:xThumb::xThumb:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Yeah and this is just the beginning ,just to make you all feel good, up here snow came and gone temps on the plus side:xsurprised: last night's news tv Svalbard full hurricane winds,so just to finish,from us to you All Have a very Merry christmas and happy and safe travels in 2016,regards AlfandM:xThumb::xThumb:
god Jul och Gott Nytt År! :xgrin:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back