Red Squirrel campsite Glencoe (1 Viewer)

Ian67

Free Member
Dec 17, 2015
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Vauxhall Novano
Exp
Im thinking of spending the New Year's celebrations in Scotland. I have been trying to book a few nights at the red squirrel campsite. But with not much luck. I'm getting no replies to my emails. Any ideas..?

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
We are going up to Loch Ness Shores for Hogmanay, you could try there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
If they are open they are probably full, we couldn't get on to Grantown on Spey till 4th Jan this year, although when we got there they had had loads of cancellations due to weather

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
If your heading up to Scotland for Xmas or Hogmanay bring your water wings or grow some gills! Its been a soaking wet year so far. Give me the frost & cold days anytime. At least you can wrap up against the cold & enjoy walking the dogs.

OP
OP
Ian67

Ian67

Free Member
Dec 17, 2015
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Vauxhall Novano
Exp
Thank you for the advice. This forum has a wealth of untapped knowledge. It's helping out no end. I've a few days to kill. So will have to think of somewhere to go the last time I was in Glen Coe. I spent a memorable night in the Clachaig Inn. Then camped by the river. I woke up to find a good covering of haw frost on the outside of the sleeping bag and -17 outside the tent.
Cold and frosty every time over rain.

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Thank you for the advice. This forum has a wealth of untapped knowledge. It's helping out no end. I've a few days to kill. So will have to think of somewhere to go the last time I was in Glen Coe. I spent a memorable night in the Clachaig Inn. Then camped by the river. I woke up to find a good covering of haw frost on the outside of the sleeping bag and -17 outside the tent.
Cold and frosty every time over rain.

Glen Coe is world class in its majesty & at the moment the mountain tops have a healthy coating of snow. I once spent a July night in my camper, its was beautiful & warm but would you believe that there was still snow on the north facing mountainsides. Utterly stunning & no matter how many times I pass through Glen Coe, it always takes my breath away.

Here's hoping that where ever any of our fellow motorhomers are, that have a peaceful happy Christmas & a very happy prosperous new year.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I'm staying at Strathclyde CC just outside Glasgow on a serviced pitch for 10 days. Luxury and a Toby Carvery across the road :xcool:

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
If your not fussy about electric for a couple of nights then there are loads of places you can stay in the Glencoe area. But it WILL be chilly. We were asked into a farmers yard with electric two years ago and had a fantastic time with the family.Ended up staying four days.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back