cherok

Free Member
Jun 28, 2009
Wales
Funster No
Exp
Months
Hi there,

A bit of a long-shot but has anyone ever stayed at the Ranch Campsite near Evesham by any chance?

If so, what is it like?

Looking for somewhere this weekend do-able in about 2 hours from us in South Wales.

Weather loooks none to promising so preferably with a pool and a bit more going on as we have to keep our teenager occupied! He will be suffering severe 'gadget withdrawels.'

Part of our master plan to get him away from his beloved computer and X Box was to get a motorhome and travel and fingers crossed.. we had our first trip last weekend and he thought it was 'ok' which is a sign that he really likes it:RollEyes:

Cheers:thumb:

takeaflight

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
Stratford-upon-Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
A little bit further on, but might be worth considering Stratford-upon-Avon Race Course, you can walk into town and plenty to do.

Roy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lisab

Free Member
Jun 9, 2009
Romsley, Worcs
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Ok for families

Hi
we visited this in July last year for a quick w/end - bearing in mind we only lived 3/4 hour away! (If that)

Very clean, nice atmosphere, well organised, lovely looking pool, we didnt use it though.

Couple of pubs and chinese t/away in village as well as the Domestic Fowl Trust, for poultry enthusiasts! (Me)

Club house had adequate food and bingo/entertainment should you wish to partake. We have been told the club house had gone down a bit after the owners wife had died.

There is quite a large residents community - so it could appear a bit clicky - but that said we would go back.

lisab

Free Member
Jun 9, 2009
Romsley, Worcs
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On the Stratford front

On the Stratford front try Riverside also, walk into town, water/river taxi and also famous breakfasts for 99p!::bigsmile:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Hi there,

A bit of a long-shot but has anyone ever stayed at the Ranch Campsite near Evesham by any chance?

If so, what is it like?

Looking for somewhere this weekend do-able in about 2 hours from us in South Wales.

Weather loooks none to promising so preferably with a pool and a bit more going on as we have to keep our teenager occupied! He will be suffering severe 'gadget withdrawels.'

Part of our master plan to get him away from his beloved computer and X Box was to get a motorhome and travel and fingers crossed.. we had our first trip last weekend and he thought it was 'ok' which is a sign that he really likes it:RollEyes:

Cheers:thumb:

I remember it being a very well laid out site with some nice people staying on site. :thumb:

Don't remember the pool though. :whatthe::RollEyes:

Had a nice pic but it won't let me upload it. :cry:

don

Free Member
Apr 27, 2008
hingham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
13 years
Ranch Canp Site

We stayed there a few years ago when we had a Range rover and twin axle caravan.
On ariving they insisted on parking our van, first time ever, it was parked on what you can only describe as Mud, even though there was plenty of plots o/k, The people each side of us both left early due to the mud, they said worst site ever been to and would not go back.
We had to wear wellys while on site to leave the van it was so bad.
When we went to the club in the evening we thought we were in a old folks home, playing bingo etc, we were not so young, I'm now 68.
So No never will we go there again as no apoligy or any thing for conditions.
Cheers Don

OP
OP
C

cherok

Free Member
Jun 28, 2009
Wales
Funster No
Exp
Months
Thanks very much for all your replies:Smile:

I like the look of the Riverside lisab.

A little worried about the weather this weekend being so close to the river..not normally a worrier but we have had two bad experiences in the past in Italy by the side of the lakes when we had to be evacuated due to flooding!

Can you tell me is there a swimming pool there? Or is there one in or around Stratford?

I will also check out the Racecourse site Roy, thanks.

Cheers!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back