Nelly font

Free Member
Aug 13, 2015
Leominster
Funster No
MH
Ford transit flash 04
Exp
hi everyone any ideas on a winter short weekend break I have a 2 year old and a dog! We love woods and water we don't want to travel to far from Herefordshire max 2 hrs don't mind wild camping and love all things outdoors any ideas welcome. Thanks

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Shell Island

Better places for a winter break I would say, lovely in summer but not much else there unless you take enjoyment from horizontal rain ! Also more like three hours travel time.
I would choose Cotswolds but maybe they too close / familiar, after I would go for Pembrokeshire or somewhere else in South Wales. Cardiff, Gower etc

Upvote 0

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
If you love the outdoors, Bury Port is nice, Parking with a sea view for as little as £5 or something similar, Many get away with not paying as no one comes round asking for payment, its up to the campers to go into the office during opening times 9am/5pm or similar, great cycle/walking paths along the coast... This will soon change at Bury Port as they are planning to bulldoze the mariner and build a multi million pound harbor there next year - guaranteed it wont be the same, gonna be over crowded over populated and expensive !
Gower gets my vote also, campsite near the bay (Pitton Cross) thats open all the year round... stunning beach - as in the first link provided by stealaway

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back