Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
I would like to go and see this, but parking is 18 euros, plus when I tried to go to Mont St Michel motorhomes over 8 m were forbidden anyway.

I can go a mile or two on my mobility scooter. Any hints a tips as to where to park up. Happy to wild, aire or campsite.

Many thanks for any advice.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
We went a couple of years ago with 7.5m m/h with no problem and I don't remember a car park charge but you do pay to go through to the bridge.
You can park either side of the river ... we parked on the left bank (East side)
Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
dippingatoe

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
But you would have been fine at Mont St Michel - anything under 8 m was okay. I am nearly 10m. Checked today online and parking for vehicles is 18 euros, it does include 5 people, but there is only me!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
At the "Mont" we left the m/h on an aire up the road and cycled down.

PS If you go to Pont du Gard, take loads of pics and send me some please .... I lost all mine after our visit when some scrote nicked my camera.:mad:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
about 150 meters from Pont Du Gard is "La Sousta" campsite, not ACSI but not verly expensive out of main season. we stayed there for a few nights and its a level short walk to the monumeny area. also if you time it right they do a firework / light show for a few weeks in June.
http://uk.lasousta.com/

OP
OP
dippingatoe

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
about 150 meters from Pont Du Gard is "La Sousta" campsite, not ACSI but not verly expensive out of main season. we stayed there for a few nights and its a level short walk to the monumeny area. also if you time it right they do a firework / light show for a few weeks in June.
http://uk.lasousta.com/
Many thanks. Looks good but open after 1st March if my rudimentary French is correct. I am thinking of visiting January sometime.

OP
OP
dippingatoe

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Excellent thanks. With an aire do I have to find someone to pay, or do they come and ask?. The only one I have used so far was a free one.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
not sure did not use it; it was in June and quite full. will see if i can find more info

OP
OP
dippingatoe

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Thanks - I was thinking of aires in general. Novice to all of this !

OP
OP
dippingatoe

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Ah..... but I am here now :)

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
I too have wished to see this since I first read about it as a youth. A fortnight ago I came down the Rhone valley and realised that I had the chance at last.

I couldn't remember its name or where it was so turned to Mr Google. "Aquaduct south France" I typed in and clicked on images. Picked it out noted the name and tapped it in tomtom while in Cluny.

Imagine my disappointment when I ended up here and discovered a plaque saying that it was built in the 19C. I was spitting and it was too far to go back.

https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:L'aqueduc_de_Roquefavour-2.jpg

Dick

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
I too have wished to see this since I first read about it as a youth. A fortnight ago I came down the Rhone valley and realised that I had the chance at last.

I couldn't remember its name or where it was so turned to Mr Google. "Aquaduct south France" I typed in and clicked on images. Picked it out noted the name and tapped it in tomtom while in Cluny.

Imagine my disappointment when I ended up here and discovered a plaque saying that it was built in the 19C. I was spitting and it was too far to go back.

https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:L'aqueduc_de_Roquefavour-2.jpg

Dick

looks similar if you "Squint"!:getmecoat:

St Piran

Free Member
May 22, 2012
North Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero
Exp
May be quieter in January :)
image.jpg
image.jpg

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
We visited the Pont quite a few years ago before they "theme parked" it. My daughter and I walked across the very top bit.

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
We went in June. We were staying at St Remy on a campsite, but there were a few nearer. Time of year means not a huge amount open tho. Yes you paid a fair sum to visit and park - very securely- but why wouldn't you ? It all goes towards the preservation and upkeep of what is a thoroughly magnificient monument and it was a fantastic thing to see. Agree with poster above, lovely with the sun out when you can dip your feet, or more, into the lovely clear river. Biggest waste of money ever for us in France, was Mont St Michel, that was like an open air cheap supermarket and really distasteful :(

AMK

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
gainsborough
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Since 2014
We visited in 2013 with 8.6 mts, worth the car park fee for easy access. 18 euros isn't that bad for all day parking. Loads of motorhomes parked up.

OP
OP
dippingatoe

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
I have never really thought of myself as penny pinching, but for some reason I feel over thirteen pounds for one pensioner to stop and look at a bridge is quite expensive?

If one could stay overnight then yes I would think it a bargain, and if there were two people seven pounds or eight pounds each seems fine. Five people and its a good price..... but just for me for the hour or so I will be looking at the bridge seems quite high.

I suppose its time to duck my head below the 'parapet' now!!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back