LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Just wanted to highlight some excellent service for a change. I was having problems with a semitronic sat system that I purchased. I contacted maxview enquiring about the likely diagnosis of the fault. A very kind customer service girl (hannah) informed me that it was likely to be the gearbox/motor mechanism. I then purchased from Hannah £142 worth of new gearbox/motor and casing. It came this am. I plugged it all in and Voila :cry: :cry: nothing-
Infact it was exactly the same fault as was on the other one. I then rang Hannah again and enquired about said problem, Hannah took time out to speak to colleagues and to a service engineer to try and diagnose the problem. They seem to think it may actually be the control box.
Hannah then said she would send me out a control box - foc- to test out the system and then deal with the shortfall/overpayment when it was all working.
That my friends is what customer service is all about.
so thankyou Hannah and Maxview. :thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
That my friends is what customer service is all about. so thankyou Hannah and Maxview. :thumb:

Really ?

So what would have happened if she had asked the experts first ?

At best it is one of those faults that needs eliminating in stages, which you just started, but equally a more experienced person could have said the electronics were a more likely cause.

Anyway, you are a bit premature in heaping praise on them until the electronics arrive and that fixes it !

And then again, if she was right and experience has shown that the actuator fails a lot, where does that leave you -- with an actuator that fails a lot !! Maybe you need a spare actuator and electronics.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Paul

as you probably know I'm no stranger to Maxview customer service.. ( Hannah and I were on first name terms :winky:) couldn't fault it.. my complaint was listened to, they even sent the area manager to try and sort the problem but without success and to this day have refused to admit it has an inherent design fault so I wouldn't buy another Maxview product .. ... good customer relations iare one thing but they don't make up for a poor product.. lets hope your issue is resolved to your satisfaction and doesn't recur.

jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Really ?

So what would have happened if she had asked the experts first ?

At best it is one of those faults that needs eliminating in stages, which you just started, but equally a more experienced person could have said the electronics were a more likely cause.

Anyway, you are a bit premature in heaping praise on them until the electronics arrive and that fixes it !

And then again, if she was right and experience has shown that the actuator fails a lot, where does that leave you -- with an actuator that fails a lot !! Maybe you need a spare actuator and electronics.

Hi Paul

as you probably know I'm no stranger to Maxview customer service.. ( Hannah and I were on first name terms :winky:) couldn't fault it.. my complaint was listened to, they even sent the area manager to try and sort the problem but without success and to this day have refused to admit it has an inherent design fault so I wouldn't buy another Maxview product .. ... good customer relations iare one thing but they don't make up for a poor product.. lets hope your issue is resolved to your satisfaction and doesn't recur.

jim

Thanks for your input guys, but it does not detract from the fact that for once I was treated as a customer.
Brian, it was myself that diagnosed the most likely fault, I got it wrong, many companies would of left me with a part that i did not need.
I can't comment on the quality of the product im afraid as I have not used it enough to do that. :thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Brian, it was myself that diagnosed the most likely fault, I got it wrong, many companies would of left me with a part that i did not need.

>> I contacted maxview enquiring about the likely diagnosis of the fault

Curse you Sir.

You post one thing and mean another. I thought you had to be female to do that sort of thing. Is there something you've not told us ???

"Must try harder" goes on your report.

If they don't do repairs I'm quite happy to open up your dead box and see if there is anything obviously wrong. Often when motors are involved the blackened components are a dead give away. About a 1% chance of success.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back